You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-19100 unable to send or receive MMS

For years my husband has had a vodafone pay monthly account.  For years he's been getting offered a 2nd phone for me.  For years I've said I'm happy on PAYG.  How stupid am I?  A month ago I said, yes I'll have a contract.  For a month now I've been calling vodafone because I can neither send or receive mms.  I've lost count of the amount of times I've either manually input the settings or had them texted to me.  At one point I was told it was because I have no 3g signal.  I've had a new sim sent,  been told to try sim in different phone, input settings another dozen times.  Yesterday I was told "I guarantee this will be working by 4pm tomorrow".  Naturally by 4pm today it still doesn't work.  I called again, was given completely different settings and surprise surprise they don't work either.  I'm now at the stage that I can't bring myself to speak to vodafone again and am hoping this site will resolve this.  I can't being to explain how utterely livid I am at this whole situation.  My husband's contract is up in a couple of months and you can be sure that he's no longer going to be a customer after this.  Quite frankly customer service is a misnomer.

Message 1 of 8 (4,267 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-19100 unable to send or receive MMS

Hi there and welcome to the forum

If you have correctly entered the MMS settings or had them come through by text, your picture messages should be going through.  Have you tried sending a picture message through to yourself?  If so, does it go through?

It is possible that MMS hasn't been provisioned on your Account which is why it isn't working.  One of the eForum Team will need to take a lok at your account to verify what is going on and will be along as soon as they can to drop you a Private Message with details of how to get in touch.

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:

Message 2 of 8 (4,256 Views)

Thanks for the message.  I'm not exaggerating if I say that between manually setting and having the settings texted to me, that they have been input about 30 times and still nothing happens.  I've tried sending a number of pictures to myself, my family, my friends and had them do the same for me, so it's certainly not lack of trying on my behalf.  I sincerely hope that the tech team do sort this because I've had more than enough now! 

Message 3 of 8 (4,243 Views)
Rank 41: Professor V

[ Edited ]
I think drey_p has hit the nail on the head. The CS people sometimes see only one solution, though the "it'll be working by 4pm" quote does sound as though someone has tried to set it up.

Do bear in mind that mms don't come as part of your contract, whereas sending an email attachment is free as long as you're within your data allowance.

Edited to add: the forum mods are very helpful and there'll be one along in due course.
Message 4 of 8 (4,185 Views)

Thanks for your message.  I did discuss mms at the time of taking out the contract and was given free mms to use for the 1st month, so it's not as if this is something random I've just decided to do.  All i want is someone to set it up and have it working.  Mum uses mms and she doesn't use wifi etc on phone so this is something I need set up so I can send to her.  I wouldn't mind there being the problem so much if I wasn't given the run around time after time after time.  Vodafone say the settings are fine, that there is no bar on the system, therefor I can only assume that it's a faulty phone and that I need a replacement.  But here's hoping the tech team can sort it.

Message 5 of 8 (4,172 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ishbel, 

This is a bit of a puzzler, but I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it!

If you've had the SIM replaced then this is one thing we can rule out - this leave only two realistic options - your handset or the network settings.

We'll need to check this in a bit more detail so I've sent you a PM - email us using the instructions in this PM and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul

Message 6 of 8 (4,159 Views)

Thanks Paul

I've replied to the pm and sincerely hope you can get this sorted.

Message 7 of 8 (4,153 Views)

Just to update, MMS is fixed.  Tech team stayed in touch and eventually whatever they did from their end, they sorted it.  If anyone else has this problem I woudl honestly suggest logging fault with tech team here because it seems they are the ones that can fix it. 

Message 8 of 8 (3,924 Views)
Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd