Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S3 - I can receive my emails but not send them

loubyg63
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but, like the previous person, I can't work out how to post a new question on here so I'm using the reply button instead ...

My question relates to my Samsung Galaxy S3.  I've been able to send and receive emails on it previously but now for some reason I can only receive them.  I haven't amended the settings in any way and the email accounts work fine on my computer.  I'm using Outlook.  The problem is the same whether I'm on or offline.  

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I will move your message to the Samsung boards shortly as you are likely to get a better response there. As for how to post a new message, take a look here for instructions.

Regarding your issue - are you using the Outlook App or the standard email facility on the handset?  Is it a corporate email address or personal one (ie one ending in outlook.com or hotmail.com or live.com or a variant of one of those)?

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The reason for emails not sending is usually that the SMTP server doesn't recognise you.   The two settings to look at are Security (SLS/TLS is usually what's required, but sometimes none at all) and Authentication.  This latter logs into you account before sending so that the service knows you're a bona fide user.   Some service-provider servers only allow connections via their own networks, in which case you can consider using the Google server as an alternative.