You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

What do we think of the new baby brother of our S3s guys?

Are Vodafone stocking it?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 1 of 8 (10,817 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

Hi jeffkin,

I’ve done a bit of good old fashioned Google research on this and from what I can see online it looks pretty sweet device although I am personally still to be persuaded onto an android phone from my BlackBerry. :smileywink:

Unfortunately at the moment we don’t have any details regarding possible releases on Vodafone however, it will be added to the coming soon pages if we plan to range it directly.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 8 (10,711 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II
JSK73

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-review-50009451/

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-uk-price-and-release-date-revealed-50009455/

For the money (and if I didn't already have the S3) i'd probably buy the S2 as there are probably going to be better deals available and the S2 will probably get JB later on in the year anyway...

Sometimes the simple answer is overlooked because it's technology that's complicated!
Message 3 of 8 (10,695 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
calculus50

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

I have an S3 and think it's great. From all the reviews I've seen the S3 mini is not worth it. You get a poorer quality screen, only dual core processor, etc. My wife likes the S3 but won't get it because the screen is too big for her. The mini is not the answer. What she wants is the S3 with a smaller screen. Couldn't they simply do that instead of dropping the specs as well?

Message 4 of 8 (10,659 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
ZoeandKev

woop, ONLY dual core CPU!! it wont need to be as powerful as its aimed at a different market. plus its smaller, so less room to fit in the bigger specs of it big brother, the S3....

Message 5 of 8 (10,646 Views)
Rank 42: Oracle I
thesoupdragon

One of the things that changed with the S3 was App storage.

Before all Apps were installed into a dedicated partition, which meant on smaller phones less Apps were able to be downloaded.

The S3 uses the whole of the internal SDcard!

So if the S3 mini incorporates this new storage feature it will mean a budget phone without the previous restrictions?

I've not been able to confirm this yet, but it would make the phone very attractive for some people...?

halloweenSig.png

Message 6 of 8 (10,608 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
RAFKOS

I've had one since February 2013 and the only reason I've still got it is because I'm past the return deadline - its a pretty little toy that I might buy for one of my grandkids if it didn't keepfreezing up. As a smartphone it is rubbish. For some penny-pinching reason VF sell the 8gb version and because of touchwiz, there is only around 4gb available
Jellybean stops you moving apps to SD card so you'll run out of storage space for apps very quickly. VF won't swap for 16 Gb version so you will be stuck with it for 2 years. Don't do it!
Message 7 of 8 (3,182 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
RAFKOS

I've had one since February 2013 and the only reason I've still got it is because I'm past the return deadline - its a pretty little toy that I might buy for one of my grandkids if it didn't keepfreezing up. As a smartphone it is rubbish. VF only sold the 8gb version and because of touchwiz, there is only around 4gb to play with. You cant move apps to SD card because of jjellybean, so you'll run out of storage space for apps very quickly. VF won't swap for 16 Gb version so you will be stuck with it for 2 years. Don't do it!
Message 8 of 8 (3,178 Views)