Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Not receiving all text messages

mcgeagh1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi! Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this, I wasn't all to sure!

I've been on a Vodafone contract for about 9 months now and although it wasn't apparent to me at first, it turns out I am not receiving all text messages.

I would say about 1 in 10 text messages I do not receive. The messages i miss are not from anyone in particular - in fact from what I have seen, it affects everyone I am in contact with. I can be having long conversations by text that will abruptly end because I never received their reply. At first i thought they were just **saying** that but I've seen proof from some 10-20 people of messages sent but never received. I live in an urban area and never ever suffer from poor signal, so I know this is not the cause.

I have on other networks had issues with texts turning up hours,  even a day late but these messages never arrive! This is very annoying as I use text messages more than minutes and probably even data, as I contact my friends, many of whom live distantly (but all still in large cities where they would have good signal)

This leads me to the conclusion that it must be the phone itself - a Samsung Galaxy S III - however my brother has the same phone on a different network and has never suffered this issue.

Has anyone had this or a similar issues? It started as "one of those things" but it irritates me on a daily basis now. However, I don't even know how I could go about leaving Vodafone since I am nearly half way through a contract. 

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mcgeagh1

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Laura

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mcgeagh1

Has the guide @Retired-Laura posted helped sort this?

If not, feel free to post your template answers from Step 6 and we'll investigate further. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Ben

missdaisies
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I recently had this problem. I went to settings, connections, more networks, Mobile networks and then tried to connect to a different network. When it fails, then reconnect to Vodafone.. My texts all came in then.