Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 4G-ready

ampera
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I currently have a Blackberry Torch 9860 from Vodafone (it is now unlocked so I can insert a local SIM card where I work (Kazakhstan)). I work in Kazakhstan 28 days and at home with the family in the UK 28 days and this arrangement will be for the foreseeable future.

My Vodafone contract is ending soon and thought about the possibility of getting a tablet through Vodafone (Perhaps the Galaxy Tab 3). 

I do not want to have one contract for making phone calls, sending text and surfing the web through my phone, and then also having a tablet contract.  I still want to have a phone in my pocket when I am out and about (the tablet is just a wee bit to big for my Scottish pocket to carry!!)

What flexibility can be offered by Vodafone in terms of only having one contract, where I can perhaps swap SIM cards from the phone to the tablet and vice versa.  Or can Vodafone provide 2 sim cards under the same plan.  Also, the tablet would have to be unlocked, so I can use it when I am away working.  And finally, it has to be costs effective.

Please let me know what can be done technically and of course commercially

Cheers, Neil

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ampera,

We don't offer any schemes like that, I'm afraid. It would have to be a separate contract for the phone and the tablet.

Have you considered a "Phablet" like the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, HTC One Max or the Nokia Lumia 1520? These give you more screen space like a tablet yet still make calls like a phone, so you'd only need the one device.

You can see the Phablets we offer in our online store.

Dave

Thanks Dave.  It's a pity.  I did consider a Phablet but I looking for a larger screen for movies, etc.

Considering there no facility in Vodafone for what I am looking for and its nearing the end of my contract, I will probably go for (1) retaining my phone; (2) go for pay as you go SIM; (3) buy a wifi only tablet; and (4) if I do need access to the internet then I might get an unlocked wifi generating device with a data SIM in whatever country I am in (Kazakhstan or UK).

Thanks again

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Most smartphones offer tethering so any tablet works
So to answer your other question if your phone is unlock then yes it will work.