Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

KarenHunt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have accidently pressed 'forget network' against my (mifi) VodafoneMobileWifi connected to my Galaxy Tablet.

Now when i try to connect my tablet to the wifi, the VodafoneMobileWifi i see and would have normally used, is 'secured' and i am unable to connect through it/unable to enter the password and connect.

Can you help. Thankyou

9 REPLIES 9

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you take the tablet out of range of the device and then tell it to forget the network, does it completely disappear from the list and can you then set up a new connection when you're back in range?

No...when i go out of range my VodafoneMobileWifi is not picked up when scanning for networks...it disappears from the list available. I just need it to turn back from 'secured' to being able to use and connect directly with my Tablet. The wifi device continues to work well with my laptop..it's just how to reinstate the link between my tablet and the device. Grateful of your help.

following on from my message i sent yesterday, and having no reply, understanding that you're busy....but can anyone help further....

I have tried phoning Vodafone Customer Care but i'm not sure which extension option to select to get me through to the right team who can help.

I have looked on Google and can find that this is a question that has been asked before across the Web, but i can't find an answer that will help fix it.

Is it a problem with my Samsung Tablet or is it a problem with my VodafoneMobileWifi device?

I have reset the Wifi device back to factory settings....though this has remained working ok with my laptop without resetting.

Do i need to reset the Tablet back to factory settings, and lose all the extras i have added to it....if that is a suggestion, and from that i can relink to the Wifi device directly, then i will certainly try my best not to accidently press 'forget network' on the tablet again....or will resetting back to factory settings not help at all?

I can't find a way of removing the VodafoneMobileWifi from the drop-down display on WiFi networks available from my Tablet.

I just need to get on my Tablet the VodafoneMobileWifi to display as not 'secured' but link directly to my Tablet.

I would really appreciate your help with this.

Thankyou

Hi KarenHunt, 

I've just tested this with my mobile Wi-Fi and Galaxy S5 Mini and it worked fine. I did have to turn the phone off an back on, however it then gave me the option to connect and re-enter the password. 

If this still isn't working then you'll need to do the factory reset. More details on arranging this can be found here

Thanks, 

Kay

I'll have to factory reset my Samsung Tablet then.

I'm able to select the VodafoneMobileWifi from the drop-down wifi's available, and i can type my password..but the only option that i'm given to select is 'cancel'...the option to 'connect' doesn't open for me.

I just thought there might be a way that by going into 'advanced settings' on my wifi device...with your help...i might be able to get over this problem without having to reset my Tablet back to factory settings.

I'll reset the Tablet, and if i still experience problems then i'll be back in touch.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Oh dear......that didn't help....i now can't get far with setting up the Tablet as my VodafoneMobileWifi is still showing as 'secured'....I can't set up my Tablet for first use.

You set to factory reset, and as i'd already done the factory reset on my wifi device before, i just thought and hoped you were talking about the Tablet to factory reset.

Um......i don't know what to do now....i now have a Tablet that is appearing useless at the moment.

The VodafoneMobileWifi is the only link i really have to internet at home....apart from my mobile phone which is linked to Vodafone. i don't have internet via a landline or router.

Help

Just to let you know that i have managed to set up my Tablet again....but having the same 'locked' VodafoneMobileWifi appearing in the drop-down...so still unable to get the Tablet and Wifi device connected after taking both back to factory settings.

Can you help and advise further please

Thankyou

Hello.....just to say thankyou for your viewing and the help provided.

This small problem that i was having with the Tablet and MobileWifi has now been fixed. I have connection.

I will be careful in future in not 'forgetting' VodafoneWifi :Smiling:

Hi KarenHunt,

Thanks for the update.

If we can help with anything in the future, please let us know.

Cheers,

Laura