Solution

Samsung Galaxy note 3

saiuk
3: Seeker

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lte SM-N9005

I got the Samsung galaxy note 3 Lte sm-n9005 its on 4.4.2 firmware

I was told to message here on this forum by Vodafone Help on twitter

I havent received 5.0.2 lollipop yet. Could you send me a link for original stock oem rom to update my phone as it hasnt received any updates for long time now... I have tried with keis and also ota updates and nothing ...

Hope you guys can help i am technical minded so i can do the update if a link is provided to download it ..

Iv attached a screenshot of my firmware from device...

hope we can get this sorted soon.. as was told by Vodafone Lollipop was realised on february 6th 2015

Kind regards Simon

9 REPLIES 9

jrisch

I'm in the same boat as you, with the Note 3 on 4.4.2 and no update by OTA or Kies.

If you go on to the SAMMOBILE website for the Vodafone N9005 firmware, http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N9005/VOD/,

you can find a 5.0 version.

Good luck if you try it but I think I'll wait until a genuine OTA drops. Let us know if you try it.

Regards, jrisch

Hi jrisch, iv managed to find a official vodafone 5.0 rom, and now have updated my Galaxy note 3. Although i havent really spotted any huge changes just its gone from black menus to white.also the recent apps have gone from tiles to cards.. apart from that theres not many other chages.. so was bit disapointed.with the update. hope that helps

Regards Simon 

I've got Lollipop on my Nexus 7 and I don't feel it is the major jump I was expecting either. That, coupled with reports on battery drain and memory leaks (not the Note 3 specifically but in general), means I'll probably wait. I'm happy with the way my Note 3 is at the moment.

Did you factory reset as part of your upgrade? I've heard that that cures ome Lollipop ills. And it is rumoured that Android "M" will be previewed at Google I/O at the end of this month.

Cheers,

J

yeah i did factory reset on my galaxy note 3 also through boot loader as well and still didnt received the update hence why i hunted for offical rom from vodafone for galaxy note 3... 

echem
Hi all, I happen to be in the same situation as both. @saiuk how official is the OEM you downloaded from that link? I'm doubtful it might have its complete features as it's not OTA from Vodafone. Kindly advice me. Thanks.

@echem, the link I provided to sammobile above should show an official 5.0 firmware as sammobile pulls these direct from Samsung. However it is not provided by Vodafone. My interpretation is that it is the firmware provided by Samsung to Vodafone UK.

yes i agree with that too and also its where i got the firmware from 

Spoiler
:smileyhappy:

echem
Too bad. Wonder why vodafone is taking forever to release it's OTA version. Looks like I'm stuck with my 4.4.2.
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

thats ok i dont understand why either...loads of manufactures had it before christmas 2014..