cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Genio Slide - How Do I Turn Off Keytones?

Eastman40
Not applicable
Hi All,
Please can sombody tell me how to turn off the annoying keytones on a Samsung Genio Slide. I have read the manual from cover to cover and can find nothing. Normally one finds something in Profiles, not so with this phone. I know it did not beep every time I touched the keypad when I first had the phone. I have obviously touched something by mistake that has activated the keytones. Any help would be much appreciated.

T.I. A
Eastman.
4 REPLIES 4

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Eastman,

Thank you for posting. I've been testing this on a Genio in the office and the only option I can find in regards to the keypad tone is in Settings > Phone Profiles > Select Profile > Phone Sounds. However, I can't see a way to actually mute the keypad tone.

If anyone knows of a way to do this then feel free to post it :).

George
eForum Team

Sue Maniscalco
Not applicable
Hello, did you find out how to turn off keytones please?

Go to settings-> phone profiles and tap on the [>>] icon next to the profile for which you want to make keypad silent (for eg:- normal). from the drop down menu at top right, select phone sounds. Scroll down till you see 'phone sound volume'. Reduce it to zero. Done!!
Part 2
When you receive a call use the volume buttons on the side of the phone this works independently of the keypad and will be automatically stored on the phone till the next calls without raising the volume of your keypad.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Puredan - Whilst your response is really helpful, I am not sure that there is any need to ressurect a thread that is well over 4 years old. Feel free to stick around though and help out with the current threads. 

PWIAC