Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Genio Slide - Phone Lock Code

nibbles97
Not applicable
My daughter has forgotten the phone lock code for her Samsung Genio Slide. Can you advise how this can be reset?
8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi nibbles97 and welcome to the eForum

I'm sorry to hear that you have forgotten your password. :(

To reset this just dial *2767*3855# into your phone. This will completely format all information on your phone and reset the password back to the factory standard. Your password will then be reset to 0000

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

you do this wayne, since on my son's phone, which is a samsung genio slide and is locked, if you type the # hache key it comes up as an "unsupported character". so not sure how we key it in. :Sad_face:

Hi juicejack

Welcome to the eForum

Oh no!  I bet that’s really annoying.  If this is the case then I would suggest sending your son's phone for repair.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team 

this is 200% what i was looking for (i expected a code to reset the password only, with intent to manually reset the entire phone). this is better than what i had expected, better than i dared even hope.

10/10 customer service.

nibbles97
Not applicable
Hi Wayne

Thank you for your response. I tried typing the code you provided into the phone but when I enter the # symbol I get the error message - 'Unsupported Character' - and the phone prompts again for a Phone Lock code.

Thanks
Irma

Hi nibbles97 and welcome to the eForum

I'm sorry to hear that you have forgotten your password.

To reset this just dial *2767*3855# into your phone. This will completely format all information on your phone and reset the password back to the factory standard. Your password will then be reset to 0000

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi nibbles97

Hmm strange, this is a manufacturer specific code so it should work.

I've had a look and we don't have any other codes on file for this so I suspect there maybe a fault with this phone.

Thanks
BenJ
eforum Team

please help i was out with my family and tried to put a lock on my phone i put nothing in and it told me to enter my first code i did soo pressing 0000 into the phone then i told me to type my password i wanted and i did soo then i shutdown my phone and locked my sim and i need help urgently

is ur sim card locked in another phone e.g asking for a puk code ?