Support:

Samsung

Ask a question:
Rank 5: Regular Poster
andym38
Accepted Solution

Samsung Monte - Can't update Vodafone Music app

I regularly use the Vodafone Music app on my Monte and recently saw an on-screen message saying that there was an update available. I selected 'Yes' to continue and my phone opened the web browser to connect to the internet. However, after trying to load the webpage it comes up with a message saying 'Certificate Error' and goes no further. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and whether I can do anything to get round it to update the app?
Message 1 of 29 (3,150 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Re: Samsung Monte - Can't update Vodafone Music app

Hi andym38

Thanks for you post. It's not an error that we've particularly come across on updating the app. 

Firstly I would suggest to check your certificates are set to ALL so that you can download and install any app to your device. You can do this by going to Menu > Settings > Network Settings > Certificates.

If they're set to ALL I'd recommend clearing your cache and cookies in the browser settings and re-attempting the update.

Can you still use the app in it's current state or is the upgrade required before it will let you back on to the app?

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 29 (3,098 Views)
andym38

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've gone into the Settings > Network Settings > Certificates menu as you suggested but there isn't an option for 'All'. It only seems to have a list of certificates installed on the phone under categories like 'Operator' and 'Vodafone'. However, I did clear the cookies and cache but this made no difference as it still comes up with a 'Certificate Error'. I can use the app without doing the update but it just asks me every time I go in. Have you got any other suggestions I can try?
Message 3 of 29 (3,090 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
ROBINGAGA

[ Edited ]

Agree with above

Message 4 of 29 (3,087 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi andym38,

Thanks for getting back to us on this one.

I have taken a look at this again for you and the only thing that I can suggest would be to see if it is possible to remove the certificate and try again, this should then prompt you to install the new certificate for the application.

Unfortunately I don’t have the handset to test this on.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 29 (3,076 Views)
andym38

Hi James, thanks for your reply. However, I'm not sure how you uninstall a certificate from the phone. Even so, I don't know which one's causing the problem (there seems to be about 20 or 30 of them). Please can you offer any other advice?
Message 6 of 29 (3,071 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi guys,

We'll need to look into this a little closer to see what's happening for you, so I'm sending you both a PM to get some details. Once we have these we can pass this to our technical guys for investigation.

If you can include your software build, the current version of Vodafone Music (if you can access it) and the link that you're clicking for reference as well as the requested information then that would be great.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

Message 7 of 29 (3,064 Views)
andym38

Hi Dave

I have provided most of the information you asked for via the 'Contact Us' section of the website, as you had requested.

Will you be able to let me know any updates via this thread on the forum, or would I just receive a response via email only?

Many thanks.

Message 8 of 29 (3,052 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi andym38,

Thanks for the update here.

We will get this raised to our devices team for you and then update this thread once we have more information from them.

James

Message 9 of 29 (3,047 Views)
andym38

Hi James

Thanks for the reply. Have you heard anything from the devices team at present, or can you chase them for an update on when they're likely to have an answer on this one?

Many thanks.

Message 10 of 29 (3,019 Views)
andym38

Hi

It's been another week, and I am still waiting for an answer on this one!

Can someone please chase this up and let me know what is happening?

Many thanks

Message 11 of 29 (2,998 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi andym38,

Apologies we have not been back with a response for you.

I don't have anything at this time but I have requested an update and we'll let you know as soon as we hear anything.

Dave

Message 12 of 29 (2,995 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi andym38,

I have checked this for you this morning and can see that the issue seems to be with the way that the update is trying to be carried out as it shouldn’t happen via a URL.

We have raised this for further investigation and hope to have a resolution soon for you.

James

Message 13 of 29 (2,990 Views)
andym38

Hi, is there any further update on this matter at present? I appreciate that you are probably very busy but it has been almost a month since this was first passed to your technical guys. If you need any further information, please let me know. Thanks.
Message 14 of 29 (2,926 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi andym38

Thanks for your patience with this. We haven’t forgotten about you so don’t worry. James raised this so I’ll get him to chase this up for you when he’s next in the office for you.

Thanks

Wayne

Message 15 of 29 (2,919 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi andym38,

Many thanks for your patience.

The devices teams have been able to replicate the fault and are currently working on a workaround for you.

Unfortunately the issue is with the link that the handset is automatically pointing you to however as of yet I’ve not had a confirmation of a resolution but I can see that the case is still open for you.

Once I have a confirmation of a resolution I will be back in touch.

James

Message 16 of 29 (2,901 Views)
andym38

Hi, is there any further update on when a workaround is going to be available?
Message 17 of 29 (2,858 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi andym38,

At the moment I’m not sure exactly when a fix will be given however from what I can see they have identified where the issue lies and are currently working on either an update URL or other workaround to get this sorted for you.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused.

James

Message 18 of 29 (2,853 Views)
andym38

Hi, can you tell me if there is any update on this issue at present?
Message 19 of 29 (2,765 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hey andym38,

Unfortunately we haven’t had an update yet other than our support teams are currently looking at reconfiguring the application and the way that your phone updates the application.

James

Message 20 of 29 (2,751 Views)