Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Monte - Image of phone with arrow pointing into top on start up

chrisw99
4: Newbie

Hi there,

I have a Samsung Monte, it's started displaying an image of a phone with an arrow pointing into the top of it when turned on.  This happens if the battery/SIM have been removed, if there's no SIM, etc.

Both Vodafone/Samsung phone support are as good as useless because neither can tell me what this image actually means.

Anyone know?

13 REPLIES 13

What are the red button to download or how long it takes before the show? Sorry for bad English, I'm from the Czech Republic and I am a student.I just always starts with the approaching blue and then green and then nothing.

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Look and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with this. If you do not get the red colour download sign after a few seconds then it’s possible that there is a problem with your handset.

Are you a Vodafone UK customer? If you are then you can get this sorted under a warranty repair.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

If you aren’t then you’ll need to refer to your home network for further information on how to fix this.

Thanks

Wayne

Problem solved, I will buy another phone :Smiling: I'm not Vodafone customer, but you are the only site where you could at least help me :Smiling: I'm going to switch to Vodafone, but in the Czech Republic in the coming months, otherwise thank you for your reply :Smiling:

DylanCairns
1: Seeker

If a red download sign comes, you are getting the latest software that the Monte can do!

If the logo is glued, The phone has some problems getting the software.