Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Monte - Image of phone with arrow pointing into top on start up

chrisw99
4: Newbie

Hi there,

I have a Samsung Monte, it's started displaying an image of a phone with an arrow pointing into the top of it when turned on.  This happens if the battery/SIM have been removed, if there's no SIM, etc.

Both Vodafone/Samsung phone support are as good as useless because neither can tell me what this image actually means.

Anyone know?

13 REPLIES 13

chrisw99
4: Newbie

Here's a pic of what I'm getting on the screen as soon as I turn the phone on.  The only way to get it to turn off again is to take the battery out...

phone.jpg

Hi chrisw99

I'm sorry a little confused on this one.

Can you not use the phone at all, or does this happen when you turn the phone on without a SIM in? 

If this is the case I would guess that it's a no SIM warning on the phone.

I've checked our documentation on the phone and don’t have anything on this icon. 

If you’re unable to use the phone because of this issue, I would guess it’s an error with the phone and would need to be repaired.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

This picture appears instantly as soon as the phone is turned on, with or without a SIM.  The SIM works fine in other phones.

This phone used to say "INSERT SIM" if there's no SIM, so nothing to do with that.

Nothing works, you can't even switch it off again without removing the battery.

Somebody, somewhere, must know what the image means?  Even Samsung themselves won't say, as I sent them a picture of it and they said "it's a software issue, you need to take the phone in to a service centre to be repaired".

This costs, but if it's a "software issue" then surely it can be something I could probably do myself if I had the details???

Anyway, I've gone down the process of vodafone support, the free postage envelope to send it off is on the way.  But if anyone knows a quick fix....

to me that looks like a download icon for wht i have no idea tho, recent fireware update not updated correctly mabye

The phone has never been connected to a PC, so if it was a firmware update gone wrong, it must have been an over the air update pushed without knowledge.

The phone was working normally 30 minutes before this image appeared.

Oh well, it was sent off to Vodafone repair yesterday, lets wait and see..

Samsung monte has'nt got suport for FoTA (Firmware over the Air) even alot of smart fones dnt have that atm. most proberly they will reflash the phone with the lastest firmware that they have.

Hope this gets sorted out for you.

Well the phone has come back from Vodafone repair, and has been reflashed, but now it doesn't get connection to any network and just says "No Service"

VF repair have said there is physical damage inside, and included a photo.

I am an electronics engineer so opened up the phone, and a couple of the solder terminals are completely screwed.  I cannot accept how this kind of physical internal damage can have happened when there hasn't been any external damage.

My wife still has another 12 months on the contract, VF are saying the phone is unrepairable, where does she stand now??

Hi chrisw99,

I can see that you've also posted your query on a new thread here. As your later post contains greater information, and to save duplicating information, we will only respond on the linked thread.

Thanks

Andy

eForum Team

coolaryan90
1: Seeker

Just click on the volume button , camera button and the power button...all togeather...

do that wen the phone is off...

and then a download sign in red color will appear...

once this happens..take out your batter...

and restart the phone..

it wil be back to normal...