Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Note 2 - repair

y2w902
4: Newbie

Hi, 

I had my Note 2 sent for repair last tuesday, as it randomly froze and then when trying to restart the phone, it would not get past the samsung logo.

I went back to the store today as that was the estimated date the return would be complete and I had no phone for notification of if it had been completed and back at the store.

I was told that it was deemed out of warranty as it had been rooted and a repair would cost £190. Apparently the PCB board has been damaged as a result of it being rooted? Makes no sense but anyway I have since asked for it to be returned.

Could someone from Vodafone please send me evidence of the fact the phone has been rooted? 

24 REPLIES 24

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

@satchef1 wrote:
There is no reason why Vodafone should be refusing repairs that Samsung are happy to action.

The point is that Vodafone offer a 3rd party repair Service! As such they have to prove that each device falls within the remit of the Manufacturer's Warranty.

If there is any suspicion that the Warranty is void, then the repair will be rejected!

Samsung are the Manufacturer, they can choose to ignore their own Warranty conditions if they choose to do so, on a case by case scenario.

Every customer has the choice to either conduct their repair via the retailer or go directly to the Manufacturer.

Vodafone offer the repair service as a courtesy to their customers for convenience.

:smileyhappy:

Vodafone supply a repair service in accordance with European law, not as a courtesy. They have a choice between using the manufacturer's repair service or a (usually cheaper) third party. They currently use Unipart Technical Logistics, who (in this case, and possibly the OP's) misdiagnosed my handset (to which I have evidence). Whether this misdiagnosis was due to technical limitations in their equipment, human error or an attempt to defraud the customer/Vodafone/Samsung is what I am merely trying to establish, via communication with the executive's office. They are currently looking in to the incident.

However, I don't really see why you actually needed to bother posting (other than feeling the need to chip in with the usual misinformation/disinformation). This isn't an incident that concerns you. Please kindly take your flag waving somewhere else.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The information that TSD has given you is correct.  Remember that you are posting on a public forum and anyone can respond to posts made here.  If you don't want people responding, then you'd be best taking your issue offline - by posting here you are opening inviting everyone to respond to your message.  Also, you aren't entitled to request that people do or don't respond to your posts here.

PWIAC

thesoupdragon

@satchef1 wrote:

However, I don't really see why you actually needed to bother posting (other than feeling the need to chip in with the usual misinformation/disinformation). This isn't an incident that concerns you. Please kindly take your flag waving somewhere else.

As drey_p has pointed out. This is a Public Forum, If I choose to make a response to ANY post here I can!

As for your comment about my usual misinformation/disinformation...

Just hover your curser over my User Name and look at the amount of help I have given people over the last two and a half years!

thesoupdragon
There is an app on Google Play Store that can tell you if the emmc (onboard storage) chip has the bug which causes this issue. Just search for eMMC Brickbug Check.
If it does you can present this evidence to Samsung prior to sending away for repair.
If not then it will be safe to sort this out yourself.

You would need to Root the Phone. Then use Triangle Away app to reset the counters. Finally you need to reflash the firmware back to Stock.

All the information you need can be found at xda-developers.com, just search for your device.
😉