Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Note 3 forgets Wi-Fi settings, including the network and passwords

smsngnote3
2: Seeker

My Samsung Note 3 keeps forgetting Wi-Fi settings, including the network name and passwords, meaning that I have to retype in the network names and passwords for my home and office Wi-Fi networks every day.  I also keep getting messages (pretty much every second minute) that the network is unstable.  A colleague of mine has got the same phone with the same settings but he has no problems with his phone. This has to be a hardware problem, right? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I contacted Smasung directly and I got the following reply:

the issues you are having have come from the Software upgrade that you have performed on your Galaxy Note. This has happened because whenever a software update is performed over a wireless connection the signal is not always a constant feed. 

The signal over a wireless connection Peaks [high signal] and Troughs [low signal] and if it is downloading information like when performing an update and the signal drops too low for too long then it can cause the firmware to download incorrectly which causes Operational Issues. 

The best resolution for this issue will be to have the device re-flashed, meaning re-installing the software back onto the device properly using a hardware connection. This will ensure that the connection to your device is constant and the software will download correctly eliminating any possibilities of having any operational issues. 

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

My Note 3 does the same, as does my wife's Note 3.

Hers is on EE so it's not the Vodafone software that is the issue, both ours started to have issues when we 'upgraded' to 4.4.2

Sorry to hear that. Samsung has now finally managed to identify the problem. The issue was indeed hardware related. They have now replaced the antenna and "cortex" as faulty. I had to insist on them carrying out further checks though as they initially insisted that the fault was related to firmware not updating correctly and the handset was re-flashed twice. When I insisted them to carry out further check, one of their “advanced level” engineers managed to identify the hardware problem. This process however took months.

I would contact EE and force them to replace your handset quoting SOGA as the contract is with them. Alternatively, contact Samsung directly and be VERY insisting. The handset has 24 manufacturer’s warranty.

Good luck! 

Update: Samsung has now built my phone from scratch i.e. replaced everything inside the casing after the handset failed testing.  

Needless to say no word from Vodafone yet. Submitted a complaint a week ago. I am one very unsatisfied customer!

Hi smsngnote3,

If the complaint was submitted to our Customer Relations team, it can take up to 7 working days to get a response.

We'd also be unable to intervene, it it's gone to them.

Email us and we'll check this for you - take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Matt B

Rob-UK
I have exactly the same issue as OP and have tried re flashing and reinstalling update over wired connection. what do you (vodafone) suggest I do as do not want phone to go to Samsung for months while they run endless tests on it, as suggested is the case ? thanks.

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rob-UK, 

I'm afraid there isn't anything further we can suggest to try, other than what has already been mentioned in this thread. 

If any other members of the community have found a fix, i'm sure they'll update you. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi Rob

Your phone is faulty, and trust me, Samsung nor Vodafone will be able to fix it. I got a new phone from Vodafone when I threatened to take them to the small claims court.

You have rights under the Sales of Goods act. For further info visit http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act . Getting a replacement phone will not be easy though. I