Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Note 4 Issues

M30CUL
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Anyone having issue with Note 4, had it about 3 months and must say very very disapointed, done 2 software updates now and not made it better.

Gets hot, runs very slow hangs

Spoke with Samsung direct and they said to back it up and factory reset it, done this made no difference

Compare this to the Note 2 I had the Note 2 knocks spots off the 4 and must say since having the 4 it has put me off Samsung phones which is a massive thing as always been a big lover of them

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It sounds like you've tried the usual factory reset troubleshooting tips.  A hard reset is another avenue. 

Which firmware is it on ?

If you acquired the device through Vodafone then they can send it off to a Repair Centre by visiting a Vodafone Shop as it's covered by a 24 month manufacturers warranty. 

Or seek out a Samsung Repair Centre via http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

And or liaise with Samsunk Uk Support to see if they will accept you sending it to them. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Most up to date version Android 5.1.1

Spoke with Samsung and they were very unhelpful and just said do the hard reset

Went into shop and Vodafone the same said they could send off but could not say how it would take or give me a loan phone which is no good as it is my business contact phone

BandOfBrothers

Did they not have a loan phone in stock I assume. 

Have you perhaps created a Google search to see if this is being experienced by other users. Their maybe some further help by the return hits. 

If it is firmware then I hope a patch is around the corner which will help. 

Im not sure about reverting to a previous firmware , the process and any con's and if it's feasible. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

willieaames
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My note 2 was the first phone that I ever broke a screen on. The 1st time was my own stupidity. The 2nd was despite not even remembering dropping it and while in an Otterbox. Led me to wonder if the large screen is actually a breakage magnet. I have updated my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Lollipop. I am now seeing the battery life halved compared to KitKat. After searching, I've found many other users seeing the same issue.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @M30CUL and @willieaames

Please see our repair process.

If you’ve insurance through us, our store can loan you a phone (subject to availability).

Thank you for your assistance.

Myself and the wife are in exactly the same boat. Both have SM-N910F, both having issues on the VF updated lollipop firmware. I took the plunge and rooted mine, and for many months had been running a great custom ROM based loosely around TouchWiz UI. Using custom recovery to update each time when ROM was updated.

Ever since update to Lollipop, my wife's handset has been freezing, warming when used and very quickly charging, with both the charger and the handset excessively heating. When down below 15% battery it will either switch off completely, or get stuck in a bootloop and continuosly reboot until no power left. 

Decided to restore mine back to stock this morning, doing a complete wipe and factory restore as new device through KIES 3, and at 10% battery it did the exact same thing and has been both sluggish and warm to touch while being used.

Will be fixing mine by getting root again, and re-flashing said custom ROM, but clearly it is a problem with the VF signed firmware causing the random reboot issue.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

When you did a factory reset, did you reinstall the apps? The reason I ask is that it could be an app causing your issues. It may be worth doing a factory again but not installing any apps to narrow down the problem.

Once you're happy with the way it is running, install the apps one at a time to try work out which one causes issues.

PWIAC

When the device was reset through KIES it gave me the choice to re-install the apps from the backup in Google account, but I chose instead to setup as "New Device". Then worked my way through all the standard apps I would need for one day at the in-laws. So Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp. And thats all it had setup on it. Unless one of them is the culprit. Facebook is a battery hog but only in terms of drain, not causing the bootloop issue. This problem only started after the lollipop firmware with the same apps used throughout

Thanks for trying to help however, the mystery continues...