Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Note 4

DJSymmons
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

3 problems in order of annoyance:

1. I had the Alarm Clock App on my Note 2 and have installed it on my Note 4 however the Application Key which I used to use to get in and set up alarms now just sets the screen to multiple windows. How to I get in to the App?
  2. I now get annoying ads at the bottom of the screen this never happened with the Note 2, how do I stop them?
  3. The background when pressing the Home Key is awful (not the wallpaper I have changed that so its good) how do I change this?
3 REPLIES 3

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @DJSymmons 

Welcome to the eForum and thanks for your post. 

If it's a third party app we're limited to the support that we can provide. Can you please clarify what you mean by 'application key' ? 

When, and where, are you getting these adverts? Is it when you're using the Alarm Clock app?

Which background do you mean? The one behind your apps is your homescreen, you can change your lock screen to a different picture as follows:

1. Click into Gallery

2. Select the picture

3. Click Menu (top right)

4. Select Set As  

Thanks, 

Amanda 

I believe they are 3rd party apps.

The application key is the name given to the touch key to the left of the "Home Key" these names were taken from the Samsung start up guide.

The adverts appear at the bottom of apps - never happened with my Note 2 I think the Apps have evolved and you get nothing for free now.

The background I mean is the horrible multi coloured thing that comes on when you first switch on not the Apps background which I have already changed. Even Samsungs logo is crap they both used to look cool now they look like they were designed for Kindergarden. Any way of changing?

Another question is it possible to transfer text messages that I have on the old phone to the new as Vodafone Reading did not do this for me?

Hi @DJSymmons

We can’t assist further with the third party app I’m afraid.

It’s possible to transfer text messages, please try downloading the free software Samsung Kies to do this.

You can also try the Samsung support page for the Note 4 for further information.

Thanks,

Jamian