Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Repair Centre

Wizross
4: Newbie

I've had an S5 for just over a month now, having got it with my new contract.

However, in the last week it's randomly starting restarting itself - there's no pattern to it, It will do it after being used for hours or after being idle for a while. I've removed the SD card, done a factory reset and even seen it restart during the restore process.

Anyway, I was thinking instead of going via Vodafone to have it sent off and await a repair, I could just go direct to Samsung themselves as obviously that's who the warranty is with really. 

Also, handily one of the Samsung Support Centres is fairly close to me so I can actually drop in and potentially get it repaired/replaced that day.

Has anyone else gone about getting a phone fixed in this way and got it resolved quicker than going via Vodafone?

4 REPLIES 4

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, I haven't but it has been suggested many times before, Samsung have more scope on repairs etc too, if there is a one near you its definitely worth a try.

Yes, there's one about 8 miles from me. So the prospect of having it fixed the same day rather than being without for many days is a lot more appealing. Just a shame they're closed weekends.

Phone had been working perfectly for over a month but it's now restarting several times a day (sometimes 5-10 consecutive restarts) which is also killing my battery life. 

Have a new battery arriving tomorrow just in case that's the issue.

Thanks for your input :Smiling:

63johnw
It can take a couple of weeks with Vodafone and if there are any sort of signs of damage/water damage they have to stop immediately, Samsung have more leeway as to when to proceed.

It could just be something as simple as reflashing the firmware. Make sure you have anything backed up that you want to keep.

As a company, we’ve recently abandoned Samsung mobiles – way too many work hours spent trying to get warranty repairs done; Anova (their repair company) repeatedly billing for repair of non-existent damage (yes, that is Fraud; we caught them twice and I can't believe we're the only customers they've tried this with); the attitude of Samsung management to identified serious problems… they just don’t care.

Apple's profits are rising and Samsung's a plummeting for good reason.