Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S3 is this normal charge time?

wigster
4: Newbie

At odd times my S3 seemed to be taking far to long to charge sometimes hanging on 99%,So i did a factory reset and it still seemed slow to charge,Last thing i did was to wipe the partition cache,I put the phone on charge when it was at 38% and its taken 3 hours and 50 minutes to charge to 100% does that sound about right?

This is charging from the mains with the charger that came with the S3.

Thanks.

40 REPLIES 40

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Its possibly a little bit long but I wouldnt say its too excessive.

If you have tried a factory reset it could be that the battery life is coming to an end.

There have been a few posts on here lately concerning batteries. If you take the battery out does it have any bulges on it or is it swollen? If so it needs changing.

They are not that expensive to buy but be careful not to buy a cheap copy.

Hi

How long is the battery life then the phone isn't even 12months old it will be 12months in October,No bulges or anything like that when looking at the battery.

63johnw
Hi. Should be ok if it's only 12 months.

just timed mine and its taken just over 2hrs from 30% so yours is taking a while.

Do you let your battery get down below 15% because that can give you battery life problems.

if you can it might be worth trying a new battery

Hi

No never let it go that low allways try to charge around 40% but i allways put it on at night so i never see how long it takes,I had been doing a search and it seems the chargers gives problems aswell.

63johnw
Yeah could be that too.

can you borrow a genuine samsung charger?

No i dont know anyone who has a samsung well my daughter has a Ace 2 but im not sure if it will be ok to use that?

63johnw
That should be ok to use.

Wouldn't that charge at a different rate though? because the cable is rated at 0.7a but the samsung S3 is rated at 1.0a.

63johnw
If it charged your phone quucker than your current charger then it would suggest its your charger at fault (if a lower power one charged quicker)