Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S3 is this normal charge time?

wigster
4: Newbie

At odd times my S3 seemed to be taking far to long to charge sometimes hanging on 99%,So i did a factory reset and it still seemed slow to charge,Last thing i did was to wipe the partition cache,I put the phone on charge when it was at 38% and its taken 3 hours and 50 minutes to charge to 100% does that sound about right?

This is charging from the mains with the charger that came with the S3.

Thanks.

40 REPLIES 40

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Swfo recormend samsung for this as i have just had mine done

took five days from when they got it

But becarful here my original contact was set to run out in October but the warrenty from Samsung was set to run out in Augest

But they can tell you

Should of sent it to Samsung but i gave it to vodafone thinking they send it off to samsung,Second time ive sent it off and they keep telling me that cant find anything wrong,Just out of interest do i have to phone samsung because if i put my postcode it doesn't come up with any service centres.

hrym
17: Community Champion

If it's the charger rather than the phone (sorry, have we checked that already?), then the phone will show no fault.  It's also possible thta Vodafone have done a basic electrical test but no more.   They won't really have time to do anything long-term.   I believe Caphone Warehouse's Geek Squad are Samsung authorised.  They also tend to be instore, so it might be worth asking them to take a look.  Take the phone and the charger in.

Its not good enough to send something away to not be looked at the right way,Its not vodafone themselves looking at it its a proper repair place,Pus the phone isn't even 12months old. Ive found the samsung repair so i shall give it a go thanks. The repair place that vodafone had sent it to had checked the phone and charger and battery they say its all good,But having the phone for one day is not good enough. Lesson now learnt dont ever let vodafone send your phone off for repair.

I doubt very much they even put the phone on charge because if they did they would see straight away its takes to long to charge.

I wish i knew about carphone warehouse geek squad before i went to vodafone.

hrym

It's always going to be difficult for any repairer to deal with a fault they either can't replicate or which takes a long time to show up.  All they can really do in those circumstaces is a basic test, reset and reflash.  If the phone works after that, they have to assume it's fixed.  You still have the other repair options and I'm still not sure whether we've ruled out charger as the problem rather than the phone?

Um its not difficult to find the problem because it happens all the time its not something that you have to wait for,You put it on charge and it charges about 2% every hour,Its not a intermittent fault,I work in tv repairs so i know if you have a fault you dont test things just with a multimeter you have to be hands on so what i mean by that is not test the charging port and say well thats fine you have to put it on charge and see for yourself.

If i gave you the phone you would also see its not charing as it should.

I even took photos and filmed it happening but the repair side didn't want to know. 

Even two vodafone shops in to very far locations have seen its not charging at the right speed.

Yes the charger has been tested and its ok.  

This is getting to be very irritating picked up the phone from my vodafone store they were very good to me saying the service is not good at all from the repair place considering everything has been written down for them,They didn't want me to go home and have to come back again so they put it on charge and told me to come back in 30minutes because it will be fully charged by then,35 minutes later we saw the man who put it on charge you should of seen his face he really thought it was going to be charged no guessing why he looked at us in a funny way in that time it only charged 2%.

Come on why is vodafone using this repair center they are obviously not loooking at the phones how a repair center should be looking at phones with faults. So off the phone goes again with the notes saying the vodafone team have seen its not charging at the right speed.

So just to recap a new battery a new charger makes no difference to charging times,As soon as you put it on charge you will see its not charging fast enough,Of course the repair man said he couldn't replicate the fault the reason why he couldn't replicate the fault he obviously has not physically put the phone on charge.

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi wigster,

The phone will need to be returned to the repair centre.

If you could call into your local Vodafone store, they'll be able to arrange this.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian

Of course it will need to be sent back for repair for the third time,Maybe i didn't make it clear should learn not to rush things when typing if its not clear. 

Yesterday i went to pick up my phone thinking O guess what we are going to have to go on sunday another trip to vodafone to send it back,Lucky enough when i arrived at the store we were greeted by a nice man,I say lucky enough because it seems in that store its hit and miss if you get good staff ive been greeted in the past month by a young lad which needs some learning on talking to customers,Ok back on track so i told this nice man yesterday im here to pick up my phone but i know its not been fixed he looked at me funny i explained O i see well we dont want you to keep coming back so ill put it on charge for you come back to us in 30minutes and it will be fully charged,So i get back to him he goes over to the phone and he didn't know what to say accept its only charged 2%.

So its now been arranged to go back i never even took the phone home with me,How come if the vodafone staff has seen its not charging at the right speed the proper mobile tech engineers cant? Thats because its clear as day to us me the customer and the staff at the vodafone shop the tech engineers are not putting the phone on charge.

I will say again so its very clear this is not a intermittent fault

Each time the staff has tried to make it very clear what is going on with the charging when they book the phone in,I have made it very clear by writing down dates time percentage of battery and how long it takes to charge.

Each time the shop staff has said is this ok what they have wrote for the repair team me the customer and the vodafone staff have each time said you cant make it any clearer. 

Looking at the tracking info its now in for repair,So lets hope the thrid time is lucky and it will be the final time,All i want is my phone back to how it should be so i can use it again.