Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S3 mini keeps rebooting itself ? please help

kels
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I’m having a big issue with my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, yesterday evening for no determinable reason my phone started rebooting. It fully turns itself off and then reboots – I can get to the home screen but nothing loads e.g. messages/email/calendar etc and then it’ll switch off again after about 30 seconds and restart the whole process. I’ve taken the battery out and left it a while then put it back in, I’ve also swapped the battery but nothing helps and it continued for hours until I gave up and just took the battery out.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks,

Kelly,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

Have you tried a factory rest on the phone yet? It will wipe all the apps and restore the phone to its "out of the box" state and may get your phone back into a working state. There is quite a good video on how to do it:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GrWD2SGmzGU

PWIAC

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
Hi there

Have you tried a factory rest on the phone yet? It will wipe all the apps and restore the phone to its "out of the box" state and may get your phone back into a working state. There is quite a good video on how to do it:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GrWD2SGmzGU

PWIAC

Hi Drey_P,

Thank-you for your advice. I did a full factory reset and it seems to have cured the issue. Now to reload all of the apps 🙂

Thanks

Kels

drey_p

You're welcome - I'm pleased that it worked.  Thanks for letting us know how you got on.
Please don't hesitate to come back here if you need any further assistance with your handset!

PWIAC

Mattjfoster
1: Seeker
I had the same problem with my s3 shutting down and rebooting. The problem wasn't with the software or the main body of the phone, it was the back cover obstructing the operation of the switch, not allowing it to pop out smoothly (I could hear the switch scratching on the case when pressed). I rremoved the back case and pressed the on off button and it didn't make the squeaking scratchy noise and had no resetting issue. I shaved a little from the edge of the case and now there's no issue at all.

MichaelKardos
1: Seeker

I went through the same thing and tried a whole lot of strategies...in the end it was the battery. Now it is perfect except that I lost alot of info when I tried factory reset.