Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S4 Battery Problem

woodbond
4: Newbie

Morning guys and gals,

My S4 battery seems to be poorly!!  It's started to need to be charged a lot, twice in a day, so its dropping life quite quickly, it gets very hot when in use, and the battery itself looks a little 'puffed out' rather than nice and slim.

Is this covered under warranty?  Or am I best just to buy a new battery?  If its best to buy one, can anyone recommend where from? 

I am due an upgrade in December I think but at this rate the phone will die long before that! 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@woodbond Batteries are covered by a six month warranty.

You can find further information on what’s covered by the on our warranty page.

If you’re due an upgrade in December, you can speak to us to discuss the options of an early upgrade.

piperdog123
6: Helper
6: Helper
The S4 has a well known "bulging battery" issue.

Where did you get your handset from?

CPW - take it into store. They may send your phone off or they may order a battery.

Voda - will need to send your phone in for repair. Software likely to be flashed unless you ask them not to flash but can't guarantee.

Otherwise contact Samsung who will either direct you to an authorised repair centre or will arrange collection / repair but again likely to flash.

Samsung want the phone to check no other damage has been done by the bulging battery. If it has and if the device is still under warranty they will likely replace with a refurbished s4.

If you prefer to buy a new battery (less hassle) make absolutely sure you get a genuine one.