Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S6 Edge Pre-Order Issue

ThomasC81
2: Seeker
Hi, Ive had a couple of bad experiences with Vodafone yesterday and again this morning.
I phoned Vodafone yesterday to ask for an upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in Black (64GB). I am an employee of a company that is part of the Vodafone Employee Advantage Programme so i was told that i could upgrade early so i could upgrade now.
There was a lot of confusion on the fiest call as the phone was said to not be in stock - i explained that this was due to the said phone being pre-order only so i guessed that Vodafone wouldnt actually have these yet. This was confirmed.
I asked to place a pre-order which was agreed with a new tariff so they said that they would complete a back order form which i can only assume is a form that Vodafone staff complete when a phone is out of stock.
This was completed and i was told that the phone would be shipped when it was available so i was happy with that and ended the call.

After the call i couldnt help but be confused whether the order had been placed or not. I hadnt had a text or email confirmation detailing the pre-order information and amended tariff so i phoned Vodafone this morning and was put through to the upgrades team.
I explained the sitiation and said that i was concerned that i hadnt had anything official regarding my order. The man i spoke to was fairly rude and to my amazement quite sarcastic in his manner and also towards the issue by explaining that it wasnt even out yet (which i already knew).

What im trying to understand is that i have placed an order over the phone to buy a new phone with a new tariff which extends my contract with Vodafone but i dont get anything official? If somebody could answer this for me that would be great.

Many Thanks

Thomas
13 REPLIES 13

ThomasC81
Had a phone call from a nice lady from Vodafone. Fully ordered and happy.

Thanks

Thomas

Mashy1983
4: Newbie

Vodafone really have not learned their lessons concerning technical issues with orders over years gone by.  I had problems with both my S4 and S5 orders in the past where I have not received order numbers or adequate confirmation or order numbers do not work.

Again yesterday, I spent a long time over the phone placing an upgrade order for S6 edge. I then got about three emails and two texts.  What I find staggering is, customers receive NOTHING to confirm what phone they have ordered and on what tariff etc.  All they get is an order code to track.  Guess what, when I put that order code to track on here, it came up with a SOny Xperia Z2!  A phone I have never owned in my life!  You really need to buck your technical problems up Vodafone.  It all leads to a bad customer service in the end.

Hi @ThomasC81 @Mashy1983 

So we can take your details securely, please get in touch via Live help.

Thanks,

Rodney 

No thanks

Tried all that already and they said they could not chamnge the phone on there but assured me I am getting an S6 edge

donse11
4: Newbie
Hi there. I would also like to comment on Vodafone's Pre ordering system. It is a shambles. I called at 8.05 on 20th March (sad I know) to be one of the first to Pre order the s6 edge in gold. To this date, I have never received an email or tracking number, I have had about 4 texts saying thanks for renewing with vodafone. This was only after about 5 phone calls to staff who did not have a clue!! In fact, one told me I would have my phone in the next 5 days!!!!! Considering it is not released until 10th April, I find it all a bit strange. Vodafone has messed up my Pre orders in the past and I don't want the same to happen here. Also, Vodafone seen to have my old email address (emails may have went there) however, I have requested this to be changed several times previously and nothing has happened!! I have also updated this online. When calling, I am assured I will get an email confirming my order within 4 hours, but nothing!!! My tariff has now changed (took 3 phone calls to explain this and understand why it had not happened prev). Would be nice to get an email with an order number and estimated delivery date. When I call Vodafone, the staff do not have a clue, considering its a big launch I find this very strange!!! Would appreciate a response from Vodafone!

guinea19833
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

I ordered mine on 20th too so maybe we can be sad together lol...to date stillnot had email or text confirmation even though live chat have said my order has gone through and my tariff has changed on my vodafone account...just bit worrying i dont have a tracking number or anything to reassure me.

hi  i must be fortunate i ordered on line and recived text and confirmayion email showing all details of the phone  etc on the 20th.

however i do agree customer services on the phone leave a lot to be desired

Hi @donse11 @guinea19833,

For us to look into this further, we'll need you to get in touch via Live help.

Thanks,

Rodney  

Ive done that a few times,still no email