Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung SIII mini battery issues

kjsmyth
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have started having issues with the battery life of my S3 mini.  Not only is the battery draining really quickly, even when not in use, but it's taking much longer to charge too.  It had also started to freeze when in sleep mode, but after checking for a software update and installing it, this seems to have solved that problem.  I have checked the basics like screen brightness, and syncing of emails etc. but beyond that I'm fairly clueless.  One thing I have checked is what's using the battery, and 'media' seems to be a major culprit at over 50%.  But what does this mean and how do I fix it?!  I travel a lot for work and the battery uncertainty is becoming a real issue and worry!  Thanks for any help in advance :Smiling:

14 REPLIES 14

How come you didn't get vodafone to give you a new battery?

hrym
17: Community Champion

Af far as I know, Vodafone can only do that if there's a known issue.  There is also the problem that they don't carry a large stock and shops don't always have them.  For the sake of a tenner or so, I'd buy one and see if anyone will reimburse me.  If not, well, it's only a tenner and I have a working battery in only a few days.

Vodafone will get you another battery or charger free of charge,If they dont have any in stock they will refund you the money or credit your account first.

hrym

They were certainly doing that when it was a known issue, but I wouldn't want to be categoric about that happening all the time.  Especially not the refund.

It happens all the time well thats if you are on a contract.