Support:

Samsung

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Kkermack

Samsung galaxy ace can't send or recive mms messages

I recently got my new galaxy ace however I cannot open picture messages or send them as it says "sending" forever. My sister has the same phone and can send mms, which is annoying. Also my dad can't send mms either on his phone which is surprising as it is a much more expensive phone a galaxy.ace 2. I just want to know how to
solve this annoying glitch
Message 1 of 63 (18,604 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Re: Samsung galaxy ace can't send or recive mms messages

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

So that you can check that the settings are all correct on your Vodafone handsets, take a look at our internet settings page.

If this does not work, can you advise what happens when an MMS is sent to you? Do you get a message with a link to download the MMS, an error message or no notification?

Similarly, what error do you get when you try to send?

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 63 (18,576 Views)
nola75

i have done what you said here but still cant send anything :smileysad:
Message 3 of 63 (18,168 Views)
nola75

all i get whe trying to send is failed message not sent!!!
Message 4 of 63 (18,167 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Re: Samsung galaxy ace can't send or receive mms messages

Hi nola75

Thanks for your post. If you've tried to request the settings via text and they've still not updated on your phone then it may be down to the MMS profile not being set up on your account. So that we can check this we'll require access to your account so I've sent a private message with details of how to contact us directly.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 63 (18,115 Views)
iainmcr

Hi Guys,

I have exactly the same problem, can you help out here too?

Iain 

Message 6 of 63 (17,856 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

When ever you upgrade or take out a new account Vodfaone will turn off MMS By default.

If you contact CS or secound tier Tecnical Most CS staff can turn this back on 

There is no settings or anything that needs to be sent out 

Message 7 of 63 (17,843 Views)
iainmcr

Northern-dj wrote:

When ever you upgrade or take out a new account Vodfaone will turn off MMS By default.

If you contact CS or secound tier Tecnical Most CS staff can turn this back on 

There is no settings or anything that needs to be sent out 

Thanks for that mate..........got to say that doesn't make a whole load of sense to me (not your response!) why would Vodaphone think I'd no longer require soemthing I've been using for years!!

Message 8 of 63 (17,820 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi iainmcr,

Unfortunately it is to do with the way that the system we use works as it defaults specific options when processing a price plan change etc.

However, can I ask if you have managed to get this sorted yet?

If not, please follow the instructions that I have sent to you via PM and we can get this all checked out for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Message 9 of 63 (17,808 Views)
djeffries90

I have the same problem i cant send or recieve picture messages
Message 10 of 63 (16,651 Views)
Tech Team
James

[ Edited ]

Hi djeffries90,

Thanks for your post here.

So that you can check that the settings are all correct on your Vodafone handsets, take a look at our internet settings page.

If you are still having issues after doing this, please follow the instructions on the PM that I have sent to you and we can then check that your account is correctly setup.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James 

Message 11 of 63 (16,549 Views)
sally-cats

Hi. I have the same problem.

2 calls to Vodafone customer service

Done the text message to 40127 twice.

Turned off / turned on......

Hard reset twice.

Manually done settings.

...seems to be a common issue not just for Galaxy's or for Vodafone.

My husband has no issues. He sends MMS to me. It shows as sent. But all I get is a failed to download text.. It was working perfectly a month ago.....

Please help....it's really frustrating!

Message 12 of 63 (14,824 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
hrym

Message 13 of 63 (14,809 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
stoole

Me too! I've a Galaxy S and this happens to me about 3 or 4 times a year and it's incredibly annoying. Just stops working for no reason.

Message 14 of 63 (14,778 Views)
iainmcr

I'm still having problems I seem to be able to recieve sometimes but not others, I get a txt message which asks me to download the photo then when I do I get a download failed message!! It's very frustrating.

Message 15 of 63 (14,760 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
hrym

Northern-dj wrote:

Oh.   I upgraded a year ago and sent my first ever picture message last month, so MMS must have been on then.
Re-posting as this seems to have come up blank last time.

Message 16 of 63 (14,752 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

[ Edited ]

Hi sally-cats,

We'll be happy to look at your settings and line if you've previously tried all of the first line tests you've mentioned. I've sent instructions on how to reach my team via Private Message. You can find your PM inbox here. :smileywink:

For those others reporting issues, can you each confirm that you too have visited our internet settings page

Cheers, Ben

Message 17 of 63 (14,714 Views)
sally-cats

One new SIM card later, and settings via text............:smileyvery-happy: and..... IT WORKS!!!!

Message 18 of 63 (14,475 Views)
sally-cats

Oh no. Upgraded to a Samsung S2....and I have EXACTLY the SAME problem! Done settings etc etc. New SIM card. Nothing.....

Message 19 of 63 (13,084 Views)
sally-cats

Galaxy S2 MMS Issues

A long story. Had a Galaxy ACE. MMS stopped working lthroughout November 2012. New settings, new APN, new SIM card. Turned out I had a block on MMS.....somewhere.Took 3weeks to get it sorted.

Upgraded to a Galaxy S2 8th December. ...and EXACTLY the same issues.

I've text WEB. I've set up a new APN for monthly contract. Inserted a new SIM card. Called 191 several times...no you don't have a block on your phone....have you tried....Yes I have. Several times. Please can someone get this sorted?

Message 20 of 63 (13,081 Views)