You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Samsung galaxy note

I was wondering if anyone from Vodafone could help me out. I have been looking at the Samsung galaxy note and have decided that it is the phone I would like to go for next, and hoping I don't miss my iPhone to much, the only problem is after speaking to the upgrade department today I was told that you would not be stoking this phone as you will have the HTC sensation XL instead. Someone else on this forum was also told yesterday that they should call back in 15 days to check back to see if it is available? I was looking on phones4u.co.uk and they are listing this phone on a Vodafone contract? Can you advise which of these are correct? Just so I know what todo with my contract as it is due for renewal on the 7th of November.

Thanks

Mike
Message 1 of 54 (9,542 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

Re: Samsung galaxy note

i phoned up VF and they said they hadnt even heard of the phone blah blah, then spoke to a mod on the forum, he gave me a call, he was probably the only one to know about this product, anyways, i was speaking to an online advisor and he assured me that they deffinately would be stocking it, like you said "15 days" he was the guy that told me to check back, no release date as of yet on VF.

Message 2 of 54 (9,474 Views)

Hi Mike, Im in a very similar situation to you. I cannot wait to get my hands on the note.

Ive just spoken to a vodafone adviser on the phone, who although did not want to give me an exact date, he did mention the handset is going to be available on Vodafone soon. He was being political and I am not sure how knowledgeable he was.

However, he did mention that I would be able to get almost similar deals going through CPW or Phones4u. I am gona try my luck with the 2 middlemen.
Message 3 of 54 (9,473 Views)

Morning, im another interested in the getting this phone on a business account. Cant get any info from Voda or Orange to date even altough that phone has now been released in UK 3rd Nov. Also spotted  phones4u.co.uk offer and considering this. Would be interested to know if you get any further with any of the telcos. Scott

Message 4 of 54 (9,419 Views)

I am also after the note, my contract eneded a couple of weeks ago,but  I am starting to get fed up waiting for word from VF if somebody could just let me know when, i will be a happy bunny, as i am starting to look at other networks because if three get it first i am jumping ship over to you VF

Scottie

Message 5 of 54 (9,330 Views)

I would love to be able to get one from VF soon. Certainly before going away for my Christmas holiday which will last one month. Every Network seem to be slow in giving dates. Yet the net is full of info about it. Why the wait when you can buy it from Clove immediately. You would think the Networks will be keen.

bobwollaton

Message 6 of 54 (9,305 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys

I have no news if we will be stocking the Galaxy Note, if it is a handset that we will release you will see this on our coming soon page.

@ Blink82 with Phones 4 U stocking it, they do stock other handsets that we don't do but the handset is not supplied through us and if there are any issues with the handset it will be the responsibility of P4U.

Martin

Message 7 of 54 (9,098 Views)

thats the same reply i just had from your upgrades team 10minutes ago :-) he was just saying it wouldnt be this side of christmas by the looks of things, if you do end up stocking it. thanks for letting us know. Just spoke to Phones4U and was told they will be stockling it from the 11th of November, and O2 think it will be from around the 14th they will have it, he said it might be alittle after that but will appear on there website around that time.
Message 8 of 54 (9,094 Views)

Well thats not good looks like i will be going elsewhere to get the phone i want.

Message 9 of 54 (9,043 Views)

@ lain, you are not alone!!!! 

Message 10 of 54 (9,015 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well I contacted the upgrade team direct today and asked directly about the Note, got the usual look at the coming soon page reply. So I pushed for a more specific answer and I was told " We will be awaiting to see the reviews before we consider stocking this phone"

So I did it I went to one of the third party suppliers got my Note on order still with vodafone as network supplier so same number and it will be here next week, I can't wait..

Message 11 of 54 (8,992 Views)

wonder if anybody could help me out here, i too would like the note, but ive just qualified for an early upgrade with VF (6months early). Since im with Vodafone, do any of the 3rd party stores accept that, eg Carphonewarehouse or Phones4u? i mean, do they accept the 6months early upgrade too? if somebody could get back to me asap that would be great,

Marc :smileyhappy:

Message 12 of 54 (8,985 Views)

Thanks for the update. Surprised it takes the major outlets (voda, orange, 02 et) longer to get new handsets in stock. Though you would have a closer relationship with manufactures due to sales volumes enabling you to get stock more quickly. I guess that's one of the reasons smaller retailer are in business.
Message 13 of 54 (8,976 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Scenic19DTi wrote:

Well I contacted the upgrade team direct today and asked directly about the Note, got the usual look at the coming soon page reply. So I pushed for a more specific answer and I was told " We will be awaiting to see the reviews before we consider stocking this phone"

So I did it I went to one of the third party suppliers got my Note on order still with vodafone as network supplier so same number and it will be here next week, I can't wait..

yeah but you wont be able to keep your current number would ya?

winter is coming/b>
Message 14 of 54 (8,958 Views)

What are p4u like for customer service, good,bad or just plain indifferent??? I am after a note and if VF cannot be bothered to even suggest a date then I am afraid that I will be leaving , I am really after a 12 month contract does anyone know if p4u if they are flexible about their plan structures?

Scottie

Message 15 of 54 (8,948 Views)

Been with Vodafone for as long as I can remember but seriously thinking of switching to three on a sim only deal and buying the note sim free. Won't get hacked firmware and threes deal of £10/month for unlimited data 3000 texts and 300 mins can't be got close to by any of the other carriers.
Message 16 of 54 (8,943 Views)

[ Edited ]

IChewiet wrote:
Been with Vodafone for as long as I can remember but seriously thinking of switching to three on a sim only deal and buying the note sim free. Won't get hacked firmware and threes deal of £10/month for unlimited data 3000 texts and 300 mins can't be got close to by any of the other carriers.

'll be honest to you.I am a big time moaner and always complain about vodafone BUT it is true that vodafone has much better customer service than other providers ..I wont leave Vodafone just because they wont offer this phone BUT it will be a disgrace for vodafone not to have this phone...

winter is coming/b>
Message 17 of 54 (8,938 Views)

[ Edited ]

Reply to humadoon 

Yes i am keeping number just renewing my contract with p4u as supplier rather than vodafone but still with the vodafone for network supply as that i still believe is the best, so same Direct debit date and everything. So no new sim just use my existing one. From reading the website, it is when at upgrade stage of contract i was in last 70 days and was easy to do in my case. I know if any problems i will have to go through P4U rather than vodafone but from previous experiences that doesnt worry me.

Yes i have also been a long time Vodafone customer 12 years but  this time there customer services let them down on a few different points, so as the customer i have exercised my right to vote with my feet.

Message 18 of 54 (8,936 Views)

Scenic19DTi wrote:

Reply to humadoon 

Yes i am keeping number just renewing my contract with p4u as supplier rather than vodafone but still with the vodafone for network supply as that i still believe is the best, so same Direct debit date and everything. So no new sim just use my existing one. From reading the website, it is when at upgrade stage of contract i was in last 70 days and was easy to do in my case. I know if any problems i will have to go through P4U rather than vodafone but from previous experiences that doesnt worry me.

Yes i have also been a long time Vodafone customer 12 years but  this time there customer services let them down on a few different points, so as the customer i have exercised my right to vote with my feet.

Very Good mate...

whats the price plan with p4u?

winter is coming/b>
Message 19 of 54 (8,932 Views)

I got a deal after haggling same as there dial a phone deal, 18 month contract 900 mins, unlimited txt European Data traveller and 750mb data on £46 per month but with first 3 months free by cashback so pay then get money back doh. So works out at £38.33 a month over the 18 months  so total cost will be £690 which when compared to buying sim free and pay as you go i thought worked out as good deal.

Message 20 of 54 (8,929 Views)
Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd