You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Lillylei

Samsung kies headache!!

I have the latest version of samsung kies on my pc, when i connect via usb i select the kies option, i have no SD card in there it says it is connected on my phone but on the keis screen it just keeps saying 'connecting'.

Should my ohone be off when i plug it in it says that i have an i900 but cant connect as it needs the keis mode.

Please help my handset is grinding to a halt and imgettin gmore and more frustrated with the awful thing.

How comes it so hard to get 2.2 whereas before on my HTC it was so simple?

Thank you in advance (getting annoyed with having to wait up to a minute to write a text or make a call!!)

Message 1 of 10 (3,085 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
ado28

Re: Samsung kies headache!!

Kies is pants I'm afraid but before you decide to upgrade your phone check that the 3 button combo works i.e goes in to download/ recovery mode and if it doesn't do this then forgetting upgrading your firmware and get the 3 button combo working otherwise you will end up with a shiny brick.

Before connecting your phone to kies make sure the green circle is in the connect to kies tab. For all other enquiries then best to search here as it's all been covered many times before.

For hints, tips and flashing guides, visit my youtube page www.youtube.com/puggereduk
Message 2 of 10 (3,079 Views)
Lillylei

Thanks for responding

I did the 3 button thing and now i have red writing and an android saying 'forced upload by key pressing' is this correct? its doing fudge all else lol

Message 3 of 10 (3,072 Views)
ado28

if you press vol up + home + power button this will take you into recovery mode and the writing should be blue and you will have a list of options to choose from. Pressing vol down + home + power button will force the phone into download mode. Try it again

For hints, tips and flashing guides, visit my youtube page www.youtube.com/puggereduk
Message 4 of 10 (3,069 Views)
Lillylei

Nope, not for me its still says the same as before, ah well I guess its just faffed,  looks like I may trade it in towards and htc anyways, wish Id never got rid of my magic lol

Message 5 of 10 (3,063 Views)
ado28

[ Edited ]

Ok you now have 3 options

1: Return the handset to Vodafone for repair

2: Search "ADB 3 button recovery" on XDA Dev and download the tool and give that a try

3: Make a jig which again can be found on XDA dev

Without your 3 button option working I would advise you NOT to attempt upgrading your phone. If you do try and upgrade the firmware or root it etc then there is a big chance you can brick your phone. I have bricked mine already tonight however I quickly recovered it via my 3 button combo.

Message 6 of 10 (3,056 Views)
Lillylei

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Message 7 of 10 (3,048 Views)
ado28

Let us know how you get on whatever you decide

Message 8 of 10 (3,045 Views)
jwlondon

I eventually got Kies working with the following steps:

1) Run Kies without the phone connected. Run 'Driver Recovery' from the top left menu. Leave Kies running.

2) Make sure your phone is set to Kies under USB settings. Power it off (prob best to remove the battery). Connect the USB cable and switch on the phone. Mine took a while to start and I had to click on 'Disable USB storage' which appeared in the top menu. Kies then connects to the phone.

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

Jon

Message 9 of 10 (2,986 Views)
Rank 14: Guide III
jimc130

Did you try pulling out the battery for a while, then re-insert?

SGS I9000
Rom : CyanogenMod 9 nightlies

Message 10 of 10 (2,955 Views)