Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung s2 battery drain despite factory reset and doing factory reset

HayleySmith75
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been having a problem with my samsung s2 draining the battery for about a week now, its draining 4 times faster than normal, I used to lose about 1% an hour and now its about 5% an hour even when its on idle and theres no apps running, no gps, no 3g and no wifi switched on.  I purchased a new battery thinking it was because my battery was getting old but same problem with the new battery.  I then tried factory reset but again same problem continues.  I have even downloaded an app that claims to help preserve your battery more but thats making no difference either.  The power saving is also switched on but its not preventing my battery from draining either. Is there anything else I can do to stop my battery draining so fast?

17 REPLIES 17

hrym
17: Community Champion

If the phone is 2 years old, it's possible that they battery is simply getting to the end of its life and that the update is merely a coincidence.  You should be able to get a replacement of reliable quality for around £10.   However, if you want to try the theory for less, you could opt for one of the cheaper ones just to test it.  I wouldn't rely on it long-term, though.

I have already tried replacing the battery with a brand new one and its exactly the same problem as the old one, hence what made me post on here.  Tried 3 factory resets and the problem continues.  Somebody suggested it could a hardware fault due to the age of my phone...

hrym

Ah, right.  A repair or an upgrade would seem to be the next step.

Hi HayleySmith75,

Please see our repair process here.

To see if your eligible to have an upgrade. please get in touch with us here

We’ll check this for you.

Cheers,

Laura 

Hi,

So I sent my phone direct to samsung to repair it, received it back yesterday, charged it up.  And the same problem still exists despite the fact they said they diagnosed the problem and fixed it in their letter!  And Samsung lost my spare battery that I sent in with it so not happy as I've had to shell out recently for a spare battery and a spare phone while I sent it off for repair.  Is it worth sending to vodafone or is it quite likely the same problem will just continue if samsung cannot fix my problem?

hrym

It's never a good idea to send accessories in with a phone as they inevitably get separated.   If Samsung's repair has failed, you do need to go back to them.  Clearly they thought they'd fixed it - and it sounds as though they found a fault, so it's a bit more intractable than first appears.  They're also more likely to give you a replacement if they can't manage a repair, too.

I have written to them by email three times to ask for my battery back as I clearly documented that I had sent 2 batteries in with my phone on the paperwork they asked me to fill in, and to tell them that their repair has not worked but they are not responding to any of my emails which is very frustrating.  I will try calling them tomorrow so they can hopefully resolve this issue.

hi ihave and have done exactly the same as u , have u had any satisfaction wi th it