Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Screen Protector On Refurb?

Middy2000
4: Newbie
Hi, just picked up my refurbed galaxy s5 from my local shop. Does anybody know if the refurbs come with a screen protector fitted. It looks like one is but it seems to go right to the edges & I can't decide if it's a protector or the actual screen.
7 REPLIES 7

Middy2000
For clarification it's come from the vodafone repair centre. Do they fit screen savers as standard?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm guessing it will be a plastic screen shield to protect the screen during transit. 

They wont fit screen shield protectors as far as I'm aware. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Middy2000
It did have a plastic cover for transit purposes but that was obvious & was peeled off. This is more substantial. If it's a protector it goes right to the edges. I know from new the galaxy had a factory fitted protector

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

I wasn't aware the Samsung Galaxy s5 came pre fitted with a Screen Shield !

Where is that stated ?

Current Phone  >

Middy2000
Not sure but it definitely did. It had like a perforated tear off near the indicator light. I'm gonna fit a protector on this one anyway. 2 is better than none.

BandOfBrothers

Some phones come pre fitted with a temporary screen in transit protector that some people leave on until it starts to sometimes curl at the edges ,and some remove it straight away to use it with out any shield or fit their own. 

I use a Tempered-Glass-Screen-Protector.

Current Phone  >

hrym

@Middy2000 wrote:
2 is better than none.

Not necessarily.  You may find that it interferes with the operation of the touchscreen and/or the proximity sensor.  So make sure you can easily remove them if you need to!