Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Setting SD card as default for apps on Samsung Galaxy S4 mini

bonjovifan
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am running out of storage on my device and have installed an sd card. I have moved all my music and photos onto the card and some apps but some apps don't give the option to move to the sd card and if I try to install a new app it says there isn't enough storage even though I have plenty room on the sd card.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi,

I think the ability to move an application to the SD card depends on the developer.

Ie If the application developer supports it then it can be moved.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

If the App will not transfer or download to the SD card the reason could be that it requires to run in the background.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@bonjovifan wrote:

if I try to install a new app it says there isn't enough storage even though I have plenty room on the sd card.

That would be because the app is trying to install to internal memory and not the SD card.  You'd have to clear up some space on the internal storage to install the app.

PWIAC

Have disabled a lot of apps and managed to download the app I wanted. Thanks

BandOfBrothers

Good Morning.

Thank you for updating your thread.

Good to hear you managed to get the App you wanted.

Take care.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p

Bonjovifan - just a thought for you, it may be worth you going through your handset, backing up all your data and copying things that you don't need all the time to your computer.  Once you have done all that, it could be an idea to do a hard reset and completely wipe the device and clear the device cache.  The logic behind suggesting that it is that it will help to remove files that are left behind by apps that just take up space on the device. 

I reckon that may help you free up some additional space on the device.

PWIAC