22-05-2009 08:40 AM
I have been trying to set up my MSN account on my tocco ultra for the last 3 weeks since i have got the phone and been unable to do this. Does anyone know what servers ect you need to put in when setting this up?
22-05-2009 10:33 AM
1. From the main display Tap the Menu tab.
2. Tap Messaging
3. Tap Settings
4. Tap Email
5. Tap Email Accounts
6. Tap Create
7. Tap Account Name and enter a name for your account
8. Tap SMTP server and enter smtp.email.msn.com
9. Tap SMTP port and enter 25
10. Set Secure Connection to Off
11. Tap Incoming server type and select IMAP4 or POP3 depending on your email
providers email server type
12. Tap POP3 server and enter your email providers server e.g. for vodafone mail pop3.email.msn.com
13. Tap POP3/IMAP4 Port and enter for
14. Tap on My address and enter your email address e.g. email@example.com
15. Tap on User Name and enter your account username you enter to login to your email
account e.g. john.s
16. Tap on Password and enter the password you enter to login in to your email account
17. Untick POP before SMTP unless your email account requires this
18. Untick SMTP auth unless your email account requires this
19. Tap Save
24-05-2009 02:28 AM
Normally to get the POP3 server details for a provider you'd need to get in touch with them directly.
Luckily I've been sent an email from MSN a few months ago telling me that the POP3 service was now available for my hotmail account.
Here are the details I was given :-
POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)
POP SSL required? Yes
I was also given the link from MSN with all the other bits and pieces you might need.
Please let me know how you get on.
17-06-2009 10:26 AM
Thanks for the advise but this is the first time i have set up email on a phone can you just tell me if i am doing this correctly. after putting in the account name and user name and password it asks incoming server type you select POP3 for msn, then under incoming server you type in pop3.live.com, what do you then put under Outgoing server(smtp)?
17-06-2009 10:44 AM
I hope you're enjoying your phone
there are 2 choices for outgoing server details, either send.vodafone.net or smtp.vodafone.net
Should you need any other info relating to email on your phone, we have a full section for email on your phone on our website help pages