Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim to Micro-Sim

mini_pet
4: Newbie

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone can help me.  I've recently bought a Samsung S3 sim free, and am currently on a Sim Only 12 month plan.

However I've read that it only accepts Micro-Sim cards, and the Sim I selected a couple of months back is a standard Sim (As I had to use it in my Blackberry).

So my question I suppose is: do Vodafone offer a service to transfer sim(s) and if so how much would it cost?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mini_pet,

Definitely no charge :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Lee

I'd appreciate your thoughts on how I've handled your query today - eForum Survey

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

Crafty
5: Helper

You can get devices that cut down a sim card to micro sim size, look on ebay or amazon.

Cheers Crafty. I'll have a look into it.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there mini_pet,

Thanks for your post.

It's not recommended to cut your SIM to Micro SIM size in all honesty.

If you pop into your local store the team will be able to register a Micro SIM to your mobile phone number.

Cheers,

Lee

There is also the ability to order a microsim on the website via an email to VF. They'll ask a couple of questions and send you one (within 4 days for us) free of charge.

When transfering from sim to microsim; again this is done online and the microsim was ready to go within the hour (says 15 mins on the txt you receive). My wife did this part today when she received her S3.

Simple (and this time a positive experience with VF cs) :smileywink:

Thanks for your reply, was there a charge for this service?

Thanks,

Pete

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mini_pet,

Definitely no charge :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Lee

I'd appreciate your thoughts on how I've handled your query today - eForum Survey

You can take your old sim to a Vodaphone store and they can transfer it over for you there and then so there is no need to wait for delivery. I did this and all worked fine.

If I get a replacement micro sim, will I still be able to use my current-sized sim if necessary in the future or will it be void?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It'll be void (and I don't think you can keep it and re-activate it either).   If you want to be able to move your SIM between devices, you can get adaptors, though be careful using them as some are a little tight in the slot and you may have trouble when it comes to getting it out.