Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky sports tv offer.

leeko8
3: Seeker
Is sky sports tv available on the note 3? I was sold mine with the promise of a limed period of sky sports free but some forum posts suggest it is not compatible with the phone. Can someone please advise?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi leeko8,

Try switching off your Wi-Fi when first registering.

If that doesn't help, try these steps to clear any cached connection issues:

- Switch off Wi-Fi

- Put the phone into airplane mode for 30 seconds

- Switch the phone back out of airplane mode

- Run the Sky Sports Mobile TV app.

If the problem persists, click here to get us your details.

Dave

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi leeko8,

You don’t need to worry because this is compatible with your phone.

James

leeko8
I don't seem to be able to download it. I got it free for a limited period but when attempting to install/register it it keeps telling me to connect to 30, even tho I already have. Same story as earlier posts.

leeko8
Sorry, that should say 3G.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi leeko8,

Try switching off your Wi-Fi when first registering.

If that doesn't help, try these steps to clear any cached connection issues:

- Switch off Wi-Fi

- Put the phone into airplane mode for 30 seconds

- Switch the phone back out of airplane mode

- Run the Sky Sports Mobile TV app.

If the problem persists, click here to get us your details.

Dave

leeko8
Wicked! Problem solved (eventually)

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi leeko8,

That’s great news, thanks for the update.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting Sky Sports Mobile TV app to work through WiFi. I've trawled through posts on this and other online forums and tried most apparent solutions but nothing seems to work.

I recieved my Samsung Galaxy S5 yesterday and immediately after having the sim registered text ENTERTAINMENT to the number supplied on the website. Followed all the steps to the letter (not connecting to WiFi), waited 2 hours (actually left it overnight) then tried the App. Nothing.

I got to the screen where you input how you will be connecting, I chose via Vodafone. I selected Sky Sports 1 and got the message saying 'Starting Playback' then it times out and says ' Temporary Network Problem, Please check your  network coverage or try again later'.

I've been 'trying again later' for hours now. There is no problem with the WiFi connection as I can use Youtube while connected to it and also have other devices running fine through it.

Is there a solution for this? I've spoken with Vodafone technical helplin who advised me to contact Sky, then Sky told me to contact Vodafone. Vodafone eventually started to look into it but couldnt figure it out after my resetting the handset, forgetting the network and setting up again and hard resetting the phone (battery and sim out)

Being pulled from pillar to post and just want to watch some sport.

Apologies for rambling, i just want you to have as much info as possible in order to resolve this. Also I apologise for jumping onto this post, i couldn't figure out how to add a new.

Might I also add that this is the Sky Sports Mobile TV for 24months offer which was given as an option between this and 24 months of Spotify when we renewed our contracts.

Could someone technical please look into this. I'm getting tired of being asked to reset my phone.

Thanks.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MattyB85,

Please can you confirm if this works using your Vodafone connection rather than Wi-Fi?

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi Gemma,

Yes it works via 3G / 4G, it's only via WiFi I have the problem. I have tried 3 different WiFi networks, home, work & public. Seems I'm not the only one.