Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Storage problem s4 mini

vclay88
1: Seeker

I'm having problems with my s4 mini. Whatsapp said it needed updating but when I tried to do it it said that I had no space so I deleted facebook and snapchat to make room but it still says there is no room for whatsapp. Can anybody help.... please!!!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

How much memory is showing as left in the phone memory ?

Tap the Menu key and then tap Settings.
Tap More then tap Storage.

Can you move pictures , videos etc to a SD Memory Card to free up space ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Available phone memory space is 415MB

Available space on SD card is 64.75MB

That means nothing to me but I have no apps downloaded now except what was already on the phone. I do have a lot of photos and videos but no idea how to transfer them onto SD card or if there is even enough room?

Many thanks for replying

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

HI there

Photos and videos take up a lot of space.  If I were you, I would copy them to my computer and delete them from the phone. Simply connect it using the provided cable and then, if you are using Windows, wait for the pop up message and select explore device.  Find the DCIM folder as that is where the photos are usually stored. Copy the contants of the folder over to your computer and once you have done that delete the contents on your device.  That should free up a lot fo space quite quickly.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
Hi

415mb is not a lot of memory to be honest.

I believe that phone has 8Gb of onboard memory minus what the operating system takes.

So something is taking up quite a bit of space.

You should be able to go into a file manager or something similar to move items from your phones memory to the SD card.

Try:
The below is a guide for the Samsung Galaxy s4 so should be similar.

Tap on the Application icon located on the lower-right part of your Favorites bar.

Tap on "My Files" on the application list.

Choose and tap on the type of file that you want to transfer.
You can choose "All files" to open your phone's internal and external memory, or choose "Images", "Videos", or "Music" by tapping on the appropriate options. You can also opt to view all documents by tapping on "Documents". For this article, tap on "Images" to choose the image files (pictures) that you want to move to your memory card.

Select the folders that you want to transfer.
Walakobay yomar Transfer Files from Galaxy S4s Internal Memory to a Micro SD Card pic5.png

You can also manually select the files that you want to transfer.

Tap on the "More actions" icon on the upper right part of your phone's screen.

From the list of options, tap on "Move".
Walakobay yomar Transfer Files from Galaxy S4s Internal Memory to a Micro SD Card pic8.png

From available storage types, tap on "SD memory card".

Choose the location where you want to move the selected multi-media files and tap on "Move here".

You will now see that the selected files has been transferred to the desired location on the SD card.

Another option but is the last resort to to perform a factory reset or Hard Reset. This takes the phone back to how you took it out of the box but
beware this deletes all saved data in the phones memory. So please transfer data to your Sd card before actioning if there's things you don't want to lose.

Procedure.

Power off your phone by holding the Power key.

Then press and hold together buttons Volume Up + Home button + Power button, and release this when you see logo Samsung.

Choose using Volume buttons option "wipe data/factory reset", and confirm that using Power key.

Next confirm "yes" previous operation using Volume keys and Power key.

When this operation is completed, select option "reboot".

Done.

2nd way.

Start by turninng on the device

From the Home Screen go to Menu and then to Settings.

Tap Backup & Reset and then Factory data reset.

Afterwards find and select Reset device.

To confirm your choice select Erase everything.

That's all.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.