Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

System user interface not working

SILVIG
1: Seeker

I have had my Samsung galaxy A3 for 9 months now. I turned it off for a few hours today, and when I turned it back on the user interface stopped working. I've tried restartng the phone the phone several times, and cannot take the battery out and put it back in as my phone model's back cannot be taken off. I need to regain use of my phone asap. When i turn it on in safe mode it works but without any downloaded apps(only the ones that came with the phone). Any help please?

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Try turning it Off and On again which may jolt it into working. 

Try deleting your most recently downloaded App's which maybe causing the issue. 

Samsung have a Uk Support Contact page found here and Contact Centre here

Samsung also have Service Centres which can be visited and are found by looking at this link.

Samsung phones have a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty. This does not cover issues caused by dropping or water ingression for example. 

Another option is to drop the phone into a Vodafone Highstreet Store as they can send it off if you acquired the phone from Vodafone. Vodafone Warranty Link.

Vodafone Faulty Phone Process

If you acquired the phone elsewhere then please approach that outlet for assistance. 

Their are Resets you maybe able to do but these do delete data saved in the phones memory. These are a last resort. 

First is a Factory Reset performed within the phones settings. 

"Start by opening up the Settings app.
Tap on the section called Backup and reset.
Tap on the option near bottom that says Factory data reset.
Next, press Reset device to confirm.
Finally, press Erase everything to begin the factory reset.
Now simply wait for a few minutes while the reset is performed."

Second is a Hard Reset 

"To begin with, turn the phone off.
Next, hold down both the Volume up and Home buttons.
Next, start to hold the Power button as well as the Volume up and Home.
Keep all three buttons held down for about 10 seconds.
Your A3 should now be displaying the Android Recovery menu.
Note that if your phone starts to loads normally, then the procedure hasn't worked. You might need to try the three button combination a few times for it to work.
In the recovery menu, press the volume down button three times to highlight wipe data/factory reset.
Press the Power button to choose this option.
You will have a choice of Yes or No to confirm this. Press the volume down button seven times until Yes -- delete all user data is highlighted.
Factory_reset_galaxy_a3_a5_recovery

Press the Power button to choose this option.
Wait a few minutes for it to finish.
Once it's complete, press the Power button once to reboot system now.
Your phone should now begin to switch on. It may take a few minutes to configure itself after the reset, so don't be alarmed if it stays on the Samsung logo for longer than normal."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.