Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text messages not sending

Safi1985
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

One of my contacts is not receiving any text messages from me since yesterday afternoon.

I don't have any issues with any other contacts & there are no failed reports when the message is sent.

I have a Galaxy S3.

Please help!

Thanks.

30 REPLIES 30

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If you can send a message to a particular number but not reply to them, it would indicate that there is something not quite right in the settings.  I remember a while ago, there used to be a message setting that would force the phone to reply via the same service center as the sender was using. It may be worth having a dig in the message settings for your device and seeing if that option still exists.  

Try going into the messaging app, then selecting settings and once you have the settings up, scroll to reply path and untick it.  

Let us know how you get on!

PWIAC

thank you! yes, when i deleted the thread and send to the particular number, it sends properly. but i am not sure how to change the settings. will try to google that.

meanwhile, am waiting for the person to respond so i can try to reply.

I can't find the "reply path". under SMS settings or anywhere else.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

From memory, I think the option was "reply via same centre" and I remember it from my old Symbian (and possibly pre-Symbian) Nokia days.  I'm not sure whether it's available in Android.  The settings are on the menu, which you can access from the three dots at the top right of the screen (within the app) or Samsung's dedicated menu button, which is beside the home key.   You can also download the full manual for your device from the Support tab of the Samsung website - it has a lot more information than the Getting Started guide.

Hi everyone,

Annie_N – We can take another look at the text failing to 70070 for you, by getting in touch with us the usual way here

ChaoweiPang – I think its best we also take a look into this for you, simply click here to get in touch.

Thanks,

Sarah 

MeganThompson
1: Seeker

Hello,

I have just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini for Christmas and i swapped my vodafone sim card to my new phone an everything was working perfectly then all of a sudden on boxing day my texts jsut stopped working and it came up saying 'failed' im not sure what to do i havent changed any of the settings and im not sure what to do?

help please

Hi @MeganThompson

Sorry to hear this.

To ensure all your settings are correct, please follow the steps in this video here.

Thanks,

Rodney

Bobbie22
1: Seeker
Hi I have the same problem. My sister and I are with vodaphone and we can't receive calls or texts from our mum who is on 02.

Please can you help

@Bobbie22 - Welcome to the eForum.

Does this only happen with the one number from 02, or does this happen on multiple numbers?

When your mum sends text messages to other people is she having the same issue?

johngow383
4: Newbie
Hi. All of a sudden my text messages stopped sending. I use the Go sms pro app for sms. They will say sent but I get no delivery report they are not actually sending. I'm using an S6edge and when I open the Samsung messaging app where u type for new messages is all greyed out with writing saying "unable to send messages". Many of the settings in this app are also greyed out. This just suddenly happened with no changes to settings and after it first happened it worked once again after that but then not working. Any ideas thanks?