Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text messages not sending

Safi1985
3: Seeker

Hi,

One of my contacts is not receiving any text messages from me since yesterday afternoon.

I don't have any issues with any other contacts & there are no failed reports when the message is sent.

I have a Galaxy S3.

Please help!

Thanks.

30 REPLIES 30

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Have you turned the S3 fully off and then on again?

If that doesn't help delete the contact and then add them again. If that still doesn't work, and the S3 says that the texts have gone, then the problem is almost certainly at the other end with your contacts phone or network. What phone do they have and what network are they on?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Yes turned it on & off & removed & replaced the sim card. Also deleted & re-saved the contact, still no luck!

I am not receiving any delivery reports when texting this contact. But his messages are coming through as normal.

He has a blackberry with o2 - he doesn't have any issues with receiving messages from other people, just me.

So can't figure out of issue is with my phone or his?!

jeffkinn

It sounds like the problem is his not yours. The eforum team should be able to help here by seeing if the texts are leaving the Vodafone network. If they are the problem is with the receiving phone. Sit tight and someone will be along soon.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Safi1985,

Welcome to the forum! :Smiling:

I’m sorry to see the problems you’re having texting one of your contacts.

As both of you can send and receive texts from other contacts I think the best thing to do now, is to check your account like jeffkinn has suggested.

I’ve sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of our team will be able to take a look at your issue in more detail.

Thanks,

Jenny 

Hello,

I can't send text messages to a TalkTalk number. I can receive texts and calls from this number, can receive/send calls and texts from/to any other number. I have tried turning the phone off and on, deleting the number and saving it again in the contacts list but still have the problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy Gio. I used this phone in Romania with a Romanian Vodafone sim and was able to send texts to the same number preceded by the international dialing code for UK and when I got here and bought a UK Vodafone sim, I deleted the UK international dialing code from the number in the contacts list. I still have the texts sent/receivedin Romania to/from this number in my phone, and the new texts that I receive from this number are saved in the same thread. Now whenever I try to send a text message to this number, I get the status 'Failed' and I'm advised to check the message and try again which I did for several times with the same result.

Hope you can sort this out for me. Thank you.

Hi florrrentina,

We’ll need to look into this for you.

You can get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andrew

Safi1985

Hi,

I'm having issues with sending texts to one of my contacts - who is not with Vodafone. Other contacts I have messaged seem to be receiving my texts without issues & I don't have any failed reports either.

Can you help?

Thanks.

andym38
4: Newbie
Hi florrrentina

Have you tried adding the international dialling code for the UK back on to your contact and re-sending the message?

On my phone, any recipient's number for text messages has the international dialling code (I.e. +44 and deleting the first '0') regardless of which provider they're with.

See how you get on. Hope this helps.

florrrentina
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hey andym38,

Actually I deleted the international dialing code in the first place because the texts weren't being sent and I thought that was the reason. Anyway, I tried it again but I get the same delivery status: 'Failed' :Sad_face: ...