Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text messages not sending

Safi1985
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

One of my contacts is not receiving any text messages from me since yesterday afternoon.

I don't have any issues with any other contacts & there are no failed reports when the message is sent.

I have a Galaxy S3.

Please help!

Thanks.

30 REPLIES 30

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I think it's going to take the Tech Team to look at this, as they'll be able to see where the message has failed, whether it's actually left your phone and whether there's any kind of reason code for the failure.  It's certainly an odd one.

At the risk of stating the obvious, you have double-double checked you have the number right, haven't you?  It almost sounds as though a digit may be missing...

Hi hrym,

Yes, I have the right number as I can dial it, I can also receive texts from this number, the only problem is I can't send texts to this number. :Smiling:

Thank you!

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Please can all of you check this
were any of you X iphone users and used I messanger ?
and did you bring your number with you ?
the other thing is the person your sending to are they a iphone user ?
the only reason I ask is that imessanger has to be closed properly or it can intercept txts on either end

Hi,

I  recently moved to Vodafone, I can call or text my other contacts including international numbers but I cannot send text msgs to one of my contacts, the only time I could send was when he was texting me and for a short time (when I took some time to reply, it wasn't sending again).

I tried every thing mentioned, and also followed the steps with the troubleshooter and tried texting from different places at different times, still nothing. 

Thaanks.

Hi kvella27,

Which network provider is this one contact using? Are any of the other people you can text on the same network? 

Also, can you check how you have their number saved for me? is it saved:

- as a normal number (e.g. 07000123456)?

- starting with the international dialling code (e.g. "0044", "+44")?

Are any of the working umbers saved the same way?

Dave

smair23
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi i seem to be having issues sending texts to premium numbers such as 70070 which i use to be able to send texts to but can't now. i have been told that my premium settings are not barred and have also done a reset on my samsung s3. can anyone help?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi smair23

I'd like to check you account to make sure the service is not barred. Send me your details here and I'll be in touch.

Thanks

Sukhi

i have already supposedly had this checked.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I have had two problems recently with sending texts to 70070.

One seemed to relate to a new handset, as I got an immediate response from the phone (the message definitely hadn't left the phone) warning me that I would be charged, and did I want to continue? I confirmed, the SMS was sent, I wasn't charged, and the usual follow-up incoming and outgoing texts went as normal.

The other related to a SIM from another network, where I was trying to clear the balance prior to binning it. At first it was in a very basic handset, the message appeared to be sent OK, and absolutely nothing else happened! When I had a spare moment, I transferred the SIM to the above-mentioned handset, got the warning that I would be charged, confirmed that I wanted to continue, the message was sent without charge, and still absolutely zilch!

I have reported the matter via CC channels but I don't think anyone has managed to discover anything. As it is now being reported by someone else, I thought I'd mention it again, just in case some sort of pattern is emerging.

Annie.

I too have the same issue. and it is only to one specific number. i sent an sms to this number, and it went through. but failed when i tried to reply the same number shortly after. and failed all subsequent times. 

i've deleted and readded the contact, checked blocked numbers, and restarted my phone (s3). 

after restarting, i can send one sms to the said number, and then fails to send subsequently.

Please help. Thank you.