Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge lands at Vodafone UK

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everybody

On any device, the most important external aspect of any phone or tablet is the screen itself. This is the area you actually use to watch video, play games and navigate your device. The only problem is that screens almost completely fill the available area they can use.

Being the innovators that they are, Samsung have decided to tackle this in a currently unique way. On the new Samsung Galaxy Edge, the screen extends around one edge of the device. Allowing you to have extra space to use and customise how you like.

Speaking to Samsungs Roger Enright, our blog delves further into how this can be used and what it may mean for the future. Read all about it here.

What do you think? Are you excited for the Samsung Galaxy Edge?

4 REPLIES 4

kaytronika
4: Newbie

Had a little play about with this handset just the other day. It's really nice and the screen edge is fun to play with. One thing that is cool is that Samsung have released a dev kit, so budding app developers can get their hands on the edge screen and make some new apps. I think when that happens, there'll be some really useful additions.

Ellis_VF

Hi @kaytronika 

I've only really seen the Edge but haven't had a play with it myself. What type of things were you using it for? What type of things can you see it being used for?

The guy demonstrating had a video game running on just the edge part of the screen. It was a really simple match the card game, but more indicative of the way it could be taken. Also showed us through trending tweets, contacts and of course the ruler... Not sure how useful the latter would be, but I have to admit I never have a ruler handy when I need one.

Also the OLED screen means you can have just the edge part display a clock at night on your bedside table, rather than light the whole room up to check what time it is!

I believe the Samsung software for media playback is integrated in to it, so you can easily skip tracks and pause.

I've gone for the Note 4 this time round as I really liked that metal frame. But I have to admit I was in two minds about which to choose with both handsets sat in front of me.

Johnmcl7
9: Established

I was very tempted by an Edge as I liked the idea which seemed not just to be something a little different but cleverly thought out in the way the column on the edge could be used.  However I couldn't justify the premium over the Note 4 and was wanting a better device with a camera now (currently have a Z Ultra, great device but terrible camera) so went ahead with a Note 4 for now plus it has the advantage it can use Gear VR which I'm quite fancying trying out.

John

Knowledge is power, guard it well