cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unfortunately Vodafone updates has stopped (S3 mini)

garyajones1977
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have in the last week upgraded my handset to a Samsung S3 mini and am already getting a error. I have installed all of the latest versions of the software (I think).

The problem is when I click on a link (url) to a website from within an app, such as Facebook or Yahoo Mail, I always get the error Unfortunately Vodafone updates has stopped.

Please can someone assist me as I can not see a solution online for this.

Thanks

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I seem to have resolved this problem.

It would appear that the Vodafone Updates app version 5.3.2.4 is corrupted. I uninstalled the latest Updates from the app which brought it down to version 4.1.16 and it seems to now work. Don`t really know  what this app does so doesn`t matter for now, but might need to upgrade this at a later date (once a stable version is available).

Cheers

Gary

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

I seem to have resolved this problem.

It would appear that the Vodafone Updates app version 5.3.2.4 is corrupted. I uninstalled the latest Updates from the app which brought it down to version 4.1.16 and it seems to now work. Don`t really know  what this app does so doesn`t matter for now, but might need to upgrade this at a later date (once a stable version is available).

Cheers

Gary

Hi Sukhi,

I have a Samsung S4 mini.

The same problem started for me after I had done a full factory reset. I have tried another one which hasn't solved the problem. I have gone to the app to see whether I can disable it, but everything is greyed out.

What can you suggest?

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

Hi MKII

When you go into Settings > Applications > ALL   (or similar?)

You scroll down to Vodafone Updates...

Is there an option to Force Stop the App?

If so do that first, you might find the option to disable then becomes available?

Another thing to try.... Another factory reset; But this time DON'T let the phone download/Restore any Apps.

I'm wondering if another app is causing a conflict...?

Failing all that, you might have to consider a "Repair" to get the Firmware reflashed to the Phone. If you updated OTA (over the air) it could have downloaded in a corrupt way causing the issue?

Let us know how you get on, sorry to give you so much messing around to try... :smileysad:

Dear thesoupdragon,

In terms of forcing a stop, all buttons are greyed out, so I cannot stop the app or do anything else with it.

In terms of restoring, the second time a did the factory reset I initially did not restore anything I had backed up and tested the issue by tapping the weather icon and tapping More. Unfortunately, the "Unfortunately ...." message appeared immediately when I used the weather app and wanted more detailed info. So, the only thing conflicting here could be one of the standard apps.

The repair idea sounds good, however, how do I do this?

thesoupdragon

Hi MKII

I feared that might be the case... :smileysad:

You can read about the repairs process in more detail in the link below. :smileyhappy:

Basically, you can pop into your local Vodafone Store, they will arrange everything for you.

You can ring 191 who can arrange a postal repair.

Or you can contact Samsung and arrange a repair through them if you prefer?

Vodafone Repair

OR

Samsung Service Centre Locator
or Ring Customer Services
Tel: 0330 7267864
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm

Found a solution that worked for me. Downloaded and installed the Easy Uninstaller app and removed the Vodafone Updates app. Everything working fine now!

Just a quick update on my previous post. The Vodafone Updates app hasn't been removed. It has been restored to factory setting. Important thing is it did the trick!

thesoupdragon
Fantastic... Well done! 🙂