cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unfortunately Vodafone updates has stopped (S3 mini)

garyajones1977
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have in the last week upgraded my handset to a Samsung S3 mini and am already getting a error. I have installed all of the latest versions of the software (I think).

The problem is when I click on a link (url) to a website from within an app, such as Facebook or Yahoo Mail, I always get the error Unfortunately Vodafone updates has stopped.

Please can someone assist me as I can not see a solution online for this.

Thanks

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I seem to have resolved this problem.

It would appear that the Vodafone Updates app version 5.3.2.4 is corrupted. I uninstalled the latest Updates from the app which brought it down to version 4.1.16 and it seems to now work. Don`t really know  what this app does so doesn`t matter for now, but might need to upgrade this at a later date (once a stable version is available).

Cheers

Gary

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

hrym
17: Community Champion

The first thing would be to go into Settings|Apps, then Force Stop it and Clear Data.  It's a bit odd that it appears to be triggered by something unrelated, but give this a go and see what happens.

garyajones1977
Tried that but the problem still remains. Even by force stopping the app it still manages to start itself again somehow.

hrym

Well, that's me fresh out of ideas.  Any suggestions, @thesoupdragon ?

thesoupdragon
Have you tried to disable the Vodafone updates app?
Same place as stopping the app but choose the option to disable. (if it's there?)

Failing that, if the Phone is within the 14 day cool off period, return it for a replacement.

🙂

garyajones1977
I don't see an option to disable the app

Hi garyajones1977,

Which version of the software are you using?

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Laura,

The Vodafone Updates app is version 5.3.2.4. I also get the error message when I click on the Vodafone Updates app from the app screen as well.

Regards

Gary

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi garyajones1977,

In the past I've found  a full factory reset has helped. Steps on how to do this can be found here.

Please be sure to back up the phone first, as this will wipe it clean :).

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hi Sukhi,

Is that really reccessary, seems a bit extreme. So I'll have to re-install everything again? Do you know what causes this error. Is there nothing else to try first?

Gary