Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking Samsung A3 never activated.

lilly123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am enquiring about how to unlock my phone, Samsung A3. The phone is from Vodafone, but was never activated on my contract with them (Long story involving about 50 phone calls and visits over 3.5 weeks, which led to cancellation due to lack of good information and service, and a huge amount of stress.)

I've tried the unlocking form for £20, but the reply was that my phone could not be found.

The first Sim card I put in the phone was the original vodafone one which was never activated.

I then tried an o2 card, which is when I found out that the phone was locked.

This was when I tried the unlocking form.

I now have a payas you go sim in there from Vodafone. I put this in, in order to be able to phone Vodafone. But tbh after 3.5 weeks of really stressful phone calls with them, when I wanted to be on contract with them, I'm reluctant to go through the process again.

I have 2 questions:

- Can the phone be unlocked now that I am using a Vodafone pay as you go sim card in there? I have credited, and am happy to credit the account. Or does it have to be unlocked via the original sim card that it was locked to, somehow?

- If the latter is true, how do I get the phone unlocked if the account was never activated and is now closed (and the unlock form doesn't recognise the phone)?

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0