You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
gunmanz02
Accepted Solution

Upgraded in store before new year, wheres my Galaxy Nexus now???

I went to the Manchester Arndale store to upgrade my contract on the 26th Dec, i was told that I could collect my phone on new year day. Few days later only received emails telling me how the phone went out of stock and I have to wait. Now almost three weeks gone I haven't heard anything apart from automatic email telling me vodafone is working on my order. I've three contracts with Vodafone for over 6 years now, This happened last time I upgraded to a Galaxy S, i thought Vodafone would improve but? Since I go home (Manchester) only once a week, and at the end of the month I'm probably away from UK for a while, I do wonder when I can collect my phone? I have heard from various phone companies who told me that they had Galaxy Nexus in stock, so is this a Vodafone exclusive problem or no one else have stock as well? It just seems like to me I was persuaded to upgrade my contract on the basis as Vodafone simply told me that I could collect my phone but then no?

Message 1 of 14 (3,361 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
ZoeandKev

Re: Upgraded in store before new year, wheres my Galaxy Nexus now???

vodafone seem to have problems getting hold of this phone....if i were you, i would cancel your upgrade, and go to someone like Carphone Warehouse who do have them in stock, and upgrade through them...
Message 2 of 14 (3,323 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
tangray1

Hi ,I`ve recently upgraded in store aswell, on order no ( VFUKMCT00626338),was not infomed of possible delays,wish I would have looked here first ! i`d probably have taken a iphone 4s instead !

This is the first time i have ever had to wait for a phone and to be honest i`m not impressed,I see alot of people here being fobbed off and thats not good, surely they must know when stock is due to arrive ???

So PLEASE vodafone be HONEST when will i get my PHONE ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Message 3 of 14 (3,315 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi Guys

I am sorry to see that you are still without your new handset. I understand that this is frustrating as no doubt it is exciting to get an new handset.

We are dependant on the manufacturer for when we get stock and as soon as we receive these you will be emailed to let you know the phone has been dispatched.

Martin

Message 4 of 14 (3,258 Views)
gunmanz02

I went to the same store today and been told theres no stock and they dont know when they getting it. I would more like to know if this is the situation of Vodafone not getting enough "vodafone exclusive firmware" version of galaxy nexus or dont have stock from samsung in general. It seems to me a lot of other vendors and networks have plenty of stock. A clarification and an estimate of availability would be good. 

Message 5 of 14 (3,231 Views)
tangray1

Martin, why so evasive ? we are all grown ups, the truth about when delivery might be happening should be the minimum we expect, we are paying for goods we have not recieved after all. Please do us justice and inform us of genuine timescales many thanks....
Message 6 of 14 (3,218 Views)
ZoeandKev

simple solution here...VF being the massive company you are, should turn round to Samsung and TELL them, that if they dont supply enough handsets to meet demand, then they will drop it all together and revise taking handsets from them in the future....imagine the sales Samsung will loose if they did?? at least it doesnt make a mockery of this whole situation, and everyone knows where they stand!!!
Message 7 of 14 (3,193 Views)
liam_uk

This sense of loyalty that some folk feel that they are owed is amusing,
When you phone a large company do you think a sign lights up with your name on it and the entire company stops what they are doing just to work on a deal to keep you? of course not.
Message 8 of 14 (3,182 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience with this.

I'm afraid I cannot add anything to Martin's post. 

Sorry,

Lee

Message 9 of 14 (3,138 Views)
ZoeandKev

@ liam_uk

when people are being charged for an upgrade they havnt received, and have no idea when they are going to get it...and VF arnt being transparrent on whats happening, i think they have a right to moan about it!!! 

Message 10 of 14 (3,129 Views)
liam_uk

Cancel order, take money elsewhere.

Message 11 of 14 (3,099 Views)
ZoeandKev

very easy to say that Liam, but when most are being told they cant cancel it until it ARRIVES on there doorstep, then have to sent it back before a cancellation is accepted....it gets a bit difficult to cancel straight away...especially seeing as you dont know when it will arrive, some have waited 5 weeks....its not good on customers....
Message 12 of 14 (3,083 Views)
gunmanz02

Called CS today, they couldn't get through to warehoues to check, and advised me to go and check if theres stock in store i can cancel my order and do it in store, hes quite helpful and gave me the number of the manchester store I upgraded in, rang up, they had quite a few in store apparently, explained the situation and now they holded one for me and cancelled my order, going to pick it up on tuesday hopefully everything goes fine. Guys call CS (191 and the regarding recent upgrade) to check up on your order, if they cant tell you when its coming ask them for you local stores number and ring them, apparently the stores can cancel your order (given you have your order ref) and reserve one for you to pick up. I will see on tuesday.

Message 13 of 14 (3,054 Views)
gunmanz02

Colletced my phone today from the Manchester store, although involved some phoning and revisiting. But got the phone at last. Helpful staff at the store I must say :smileyhappy: 

Message 14 of 14 (3,016 Views)