Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using Galaxy G3 GT-I9300, Android 4.3 in US

ElviraKate
4: Newbie

I'm going to the States in February, NewYork for a couple of days, then Los Angeles for a week. I'm prepared to pay the World Traveller fee for the NY days, but would like to go back onto pay-per-call for LA.

My questions are a, is this possible, and b, is my phone actually going to work? I've seen a lot of varying experiences with the S3, and don't understand the technicalities.

Or should I try to get a pre-paid US sim? My phone is still under contract.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ElviraKate 

This is possible, you'll just need to opt out when you wish to pay for each call, SMS or data.

See how to do this here.

DaveCD

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ElviraKate 

This is possible, you'll just need to opt out when you wish to pay for each call, SMS or data.

See how to do this here.

DaveCD

Thank you. It's not at first clear on your link page as to how you opt out, but I eventually found it in the small print in the downloaded brochure.

Kate

By the way, do you know if this phone needs a voltage adapter for the US? I've got one with the right plug, but it's not clear whether the phone can cope with the different voltage.

Check your charger rather than the phone

Input should say something like 110v - 240v AC... This would sometimes see a variance that could cause an issue, but not usually in mobile phone chargers.

and output 5v DC.. The output is standard no matter where you are

Thanks!