cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using PC to send text messages through Galaxy S3 mobile. Need advice.

The_Smiler
4: Newbie

Hi every one.

I have just installed an Android app called Mightytext  http://www.pcworld.com/article/2036246/review-mightytext-wields-control-over-desktop-texting.html on my Galaxy S3 and then on my computer, to do a test to see how this app behaves. I have done this, so that if it works OK between my mobile and PC, I want to do the same on a Galaxy S3 and a Galaxy Note 8 tablet.

However, I was asked to add 3 website addresses to Tools, Security, Trusted sites. With my settings, I can only add https sites and these sites are only http sites. So I didn't carry on with the process.

What concerns me is, in order to add these sites I will need to lower my security. The other thing that bothers me is Mightytext will use all the settings on my mobile from the computer.

So question is, just how risky is this? Has anybody done something like this?

or can anybody give any further advice please.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

You can also use AirDroid which is my personal favourite. You can even make Phone calls from your Desktop.

Everything works through the Browser.

Airdroid can also be configured to remotely lock down the Phone and remotely wipe it if the Phone is stolen!

Wink.gif

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member

first ditch the App

There is a app that works perfect called Kies Air

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair&feature=nav_result#?t=W2...

This sends and recives text perfectly on all Samsung devices 

There is no messing or setting up to do 

Does that need to be on the computer and the mobile phone?

Myrm

I hope Kies Air is better than the awful Kies app I had on my MacBook Pro for my synching my old Samsung S3. It was diabolical!!

Myrm
----------
DERMY BUD

hrym

@Myrm wrote:

I hope Kies Air is better than the awful Kies app I had on my MacBook Pro for my synching my old Samsung S3. It was diabolical!!

I'd say Kies Air is a lot better.  Because it works in a browser it doesn't need to install drivers for your phone.  Occasionally it ahs troubel connecting, but moving away and back again usualyl solves that.   I don't know that it has all the featrues of Kies (it doesn't have a backup option as far as I know), but it's quite good for copying files.

I didn't know before that you could use it to send texts, but that could be handy.

Northern-dj

Best way is to get both 

Kies air is brouser based and is handy in a Company 

and yes Kies air is better then Kies made by two differant parts of Samsung lol

Kies also has the Air feature in it and will auto run so if your on your PC and you get a message it will show as a pop up on the bottom right 

Thanks for responding. Very much appreciated.

I have it on my PC, but not my mobile. Just doing that now. Then I can give it a try.

thesoupdragon

You can also use AirDroid which is my personal favourite. You can even make Phone calls from your Desktop.

Everything works through the Browser.

Airdroid can also be configured to remotely lock down the Phone and remotely wipe it if the Phone is stolen!

Wink.gif

The soupdragon wins. Airdroid is so simple.

Kies air is not bad, but breaks up every text to za person, instead of keeping the conversation together.

Thanks to everybody.

63johnw
I have mighty text on my S3 and my nexus 7 and have had no problems. Works fine and I didn't have to change any security settings/add web sites.

I have security software on both and no threats have been found.