Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using the Samsung GT-E1270 in the United States

markmaio
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My wife and I live in the US but have a second home in Scotland. Both of us signed up for pay as you go Vodafone service in November and were told that to keep our account/phone active, we needed to make a phone call each month from our UK phones. I have an iPhone and when I turned it on in the US it immediatley found a network and I made my call. When we turned on the Samsung GT-E1270 phone, it wouldn't join a network independent of trying the auto or manual network detection. Can anyone direct me to information on how I can get this phone active in the US?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @markmaio 

The Samsung GT-E1270 is only a dual band phone so it won't work in the US I'm afraid.  You'll need a phone that's either a tri or quad band.  

Thanks, 

Phil

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Phil

Hi @markmaio 

The Samsung GT-E1270 is only a dual band phone so it won't work in the US I'm afraid.  You'll need a phone that's either a tri or quad band.  

Thanks, 

Phil

Thanks Phil. I really appreciate you sharing this information as Vodafone personnel, both at the store we purchased it from and their customer service people had no idea this phone won't work in the US. 

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @markmaio ,

I'm glad we could help. 

If you need us to feed back anything around a certain store or agent, let us know on Live help. We'll be happy to flag any training or staff refreshers that may be needed for the future.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately Live Chat doesn't work/connect from the States.

Since the Samsung won't work here, my probem is I need to keep my account open by making a call that I can't make. Since it is a pay as you go plan, I also have credit on my account. If I don't make a call I not only lose my money but also the phone number which now all my friends, family and business associates have. 

I need Vodaphone to send me a phone that works here in the States. How do I go about doing that? Given I called Vodaphone customer service and they had no idea the phone I was sold wouldn't work here, I'm not too confident of them taking care of the problem. Is this something you can arrange on your end?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi @markmaio 

So we can help you with this, I’ve sent you a PM with how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Sarah