Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VPN Issue

HRH
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I've got Samsung Note 4, Pay Monthly,RED 4G 24 Month Contract.

I connect my laptop to the internet via Mobile Hotspot.  Internet seems to work fine - no issues.  However when I connect to the IPSEC VPN, my internet connection stop working. It's sending packets out, but nothing seems to be  recieved.

I've tried this on numerous occasions as I get the same response every time.

The strange thing is when my collegue connects his 4G (EE), everything works.  I've tried on Three and O2 and they all work without any issues.

I originally thought it may be content control, which I have lifted how.  However this is not the case.

I believe its a vodafone setting that needs to be adjusting or protocol being blocked perhaps?

I've got not firewall or AV on my phone (at the moment).

Would there be any policies that would block me to get on the internet via the compnay VPN?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Rodney
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @HRH 

If you get in touch with our Live help team, they'll look into your account further.

Thanks,

Rodney 

Thanks for the reponse.

Isn't this a technical issue ratehr than a customer services issue?

Thanks

So i've contacted live help who put me throught to the "Android Techinical Team" :smileyindifferent:

They suggested it was to do with the sim not being activated. So sent me some texted messages to remove the sim, batter for 30 secs.  Power back on and search for networks!  Not sure how this was going to help as I can browse the internet on my phone and when i'm connected to the hotspot.

The final suggestion was a factory reset (not the best advise - if indoubt factory reset) :smileymad:

Its potentially a Windows 8 issue, will try it on a different PC and see how it reacts.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @HRH 

Similar to my team, Live help are able to offer support on a range of queries including technical cases. 

While we're unable to go into your account in public here, they're able to access your details securely. :Smiling:

Cheers,

Ben