You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 12: Guide I
dnairb001
Accepted Solution

Vanishing Passport

Hi web forum team, I would appreciate your help.

I've had Vodafone passport on phones on my account for several years with no problems. Recently I renewed one of my contracts with Vodafone and made the stupid mistake of not realising that by doing so I am apparently automatically removed from Vodafone Passport. I was never informed of this, not even when I called Vodafone to ask about adding the monthly data roaming package to my accounts as we were going away on holiday.

I've just looked at my latest bills and I've been charged for all of the calls I made whilst away on holiday. I phoned 191 and queried why I was charged for these calls. I was told that it was my fault for not knowing that Vodafone would remove Vodafone Passport from my contract when I renewed it because Vodafone Passport is a "feature". I would have also expected the customer service advisor to have this information in front of them when I was asking about adding the data roaming package and mention this to me.

Also while I was away on holiday I posted on the forum about my spare Galaxy S handset being stolen from my home and requested a network barr on that IMEI number. Unfortunately, despite making it clear that it was a spare unused phone that was stolen and that my sim card was working in my new phone, my own number was barred, preventing me from making any calls except emergency calls and also preventing me from using the data roaming package that I also paid extra for. I had to pay several times to use computers so that I could go online to contact Vodafone to get the problem resolved and service restored. Despite this, I have not had or requested any form of compensation for this error.

As this contract was renewed via the web forum team I would very much appreciate it if someone could look into this and get this matter resolved. Today I've gone from a happy and contented Vodafone customer to an extremely angry and frustrated one. I am also slightly confused as to why it says Passport on my bill under each call, especially as I have been told I don't have it.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 9 (3,574 Views)
Rank 41: Professor V
thesoupdragon

Re: Vanishing Passport

Hi Brian

With regards to Passport, I personally think this is a "Feature" that should be automatically active on accounts, and which you Opt out of, rather than Opt into!

I had this problem with Passport many years ago and got my fingers burnt! Since then I always double check things like passport with every renewal, and also before I go abroad!

Hopefully the "Team" can help you out here!

TSD

Wink.gif

Banner.png

Message 2 of 9 (3,565 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi dnairb001,

Thanks for your post. I’m disappointed to read about your experiences and I’d like to help.

We’re a very small team who arrange the upgrades and new connections for our eForum members and we take great pride in ensuring that we provide world class service and give you a fantastic deal.

We’d like to look into things for you, so I’ve sent an email to your registered email address. If you can reply to that email with the information I’ve requested, we’ll be in touch.

Best Wishes

Ian

Web Relations Team

Message 3 of 9 (3,560 Views)
dnairb001

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply, I have replied to your email with all of the required info.

Hi TSD,

I agree, Passport should be something that you can "Opt Out Of" if required. I can only ever remember requesting it once and that was years ago and as far as I know it's always been on my account. Maybe VF can make a policy change to further benefit their loyal customers and give them the option to opt out rather than having to opt in. It's not something you automatically think about when doing a contract renewal or upgrade and can easily get forgotten as it's not high on a list of prioroties, until you actually go abroad.

The web team have done me proud in the past so I'm hopeful they'll be able to resolve this issue as well. :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 9 (3,555 Views)
dnairb001

Once again I'd like to thank the web forum team.

Kay called me today to discuss this matter and has helped resolve my issue.

A happy and contented Vodafone customer again. :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 9 (3,543 Views)
Rank 41: Professor V
thesoupdragon

dnairb001 wrote:

Once again I'd like to thank the web forum team.

Kay called me today to discuss this matter and has helped resolve my issue.

A happy and contented Vodafone customer again. :smileyhappy:

Nice One...!

Kudos to Kay... Thumbs up smiley.gif

Banner.png

Message 6 of 9 (3,531 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
nappleton

Oh :0( does it not automatically renew from old contract? Darn this was on my old contract that i renewed through you guys last month how do i find out if i still have it or not? Am going on holiday to tenerife on fri so will defo need vodafone passport.

Message 7 of 9 (3,432 Views)
dnairb001

Hi nappleton, just ring 191 and ask them to add it to your contact. They should be able to confirm it's done there and then. :smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 9 (3,427 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi nappleton,

I've just tried to call you and there was no option to leave a message.

Please let me know when you're free and I'll call you at the most convenient time.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 9 of 9 (3,347 Views)