Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Discover will not update

andym38
4: Newbie
I know the Vodafone apps aren't very popular around these parts, but I am having problems updating Vodafone Discover.

I'm going in via the Update app, where it says that an update is available. If I then select this it starts downloading the update, however it only gets so far before it comes up with a message saying "Vodafone Discover has not been updated. Please try again later.". I've tried it on both Wi-Fi and mobile data, though it seems to download a bit more with mobile data, strangely.

I've also force stopped the app before trying the update but this makes no difference. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi andym38,

What version are you running and what's the version number you're trying to update to?

Also, do you have any issues with downloading or updating other apps?

If not, have you tried the equivalent of a hard reset on this pone?

- Eject the SIM whilst the phone is running.

- Restart the phone

- Wait about 1 minute and then switch the phone off

- Reinsert the SIM card

- Restart the phone

This may clear any fragments of code which haven't closed down properly.

Finally for now, have you tried using the Uninstall option to remove and re-install the app? 

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply. The new update was for version 3.0.8.

However, I've managed to sort it now as it appears it couldn't update on a 2G signal. Now I've tried it on 3G, it's done it straight away. I'll have to remember that if it happens again.

Thanks for your help anyway.

hrym
17: Community Champion
Gosh, I wouldn't try updating anything on 2G! Do you have the opportunity to use wifi?

Irenaekl
4: Newbie

I just want to know how to get rid of the darn thing from my HTC 510!!!!  I don't want it but can't get rid of it.

hrym

Sorry, but I'm afraid the built-in apps aren't uninstallable. :smileysad:

I know - it's a pain and uses up phone memory space unnecessarily.  Hey ho - I have managed to hide it so it won't really matter.

Thanks for the reply

hrym

Yes, you can choose what appears on your homescreens.   Some apps can also be disabled, which will stop them using resources and making (albeit small) data connections.