Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone utterly imcompetent

JonathanKent
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

It been 4 weeks since i ordered my Samsung galaxy note 4, still no joy in getting it.

Just rang today, and guess what? my order has been cancelled! but my new contract has started! Excellent!

You are compltely useless, and believe me tommrow I shall be cancelling my contract. 

Is there any company that have staff that know what they are doing? why are they so terrible? 

15 REPLIES 15

Nicola2311
2: Seeker
Read my earlier post!

Hilarous! they had no record of me ordering the phone at all.

Well and truly cancelled with them now!

Nicola2311
Well I ordered my phone on Wednesday night and it was delivered today! You should cancel and go to carphone warehouse!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @JonathanKent ,

I'm very sorry if your handset order was cancelled in error.

Our Contact us teams can look into your account for you to see what's happened and discuss your options further.

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks, but its too late now I have cancelled, I was passed from person to person quoting my password over and over again and still got noowhere rung about 6 times and was given different answers every single time I ran. You guys had no record of the order, Yet a week later I would ring and someone would say its on its way the next day, ring a few days later and someone would say. 'Sorry your order and its been cancelled,' Does that sound like a company that know what they are doing?

Yet, conveniently, for you guys, my newer, more expensive contract had started!

Sorry I have nothing againt you, but your customer service on the phone have no idea what they are doing and are extremely unqualified and incompetetent I suggest you seriously start to improve this service before you lose more people.

Thank you.

Absolutely spot on and i agree 100% with you, glad you got out while you could haha

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JonathanKent 

I'm sorry you felt that this was the necessary action and we thank you for your feedback.

@lab1301 

We can take a look at this for you, contact our Live help team.

If they're not there straight away, sit tight and an advisor will be with you as soon as they're available.

DaveCD

Thanks DaveCD.  I had a call yesterday (Sunday) evening form 1st line support and he started off by saying You can't bar calls... and another call from first line today that started off as I've barred all outgoing calls as requested.  Both callers had not read any of my notes and had no idea what my issue was.   Basically, my problem is as follows:

1. When I was on a SIM only contract call barring worked on two Nokia phones
  2. Since switching to a monthly contract call barring no longer works on both Nokia phones and the new S4 mini as well as in a carphone warehouuse geeksquad test phone
  3. I have not received any SIM updates on the S4 mini since I switched contracts though vodafone issued a new SIM card two weeks ago.  In the past when I switched SIM between the Nokia phones I used to get SIM updates
  4. I suspect that the barring password on the new monthly contract is not the same as what was on the SIM only contract and this is why I've asked for my barring password to be reset to 0000

I'm currently abroad and I use call barring to ensure that I don't dial out on the wrong device and incuring call charges.  I was able to do this on my previous contract.  Should I incur any Eurotraveller outgoing charges then I would dispute the bill as I've been trying to resolve this for almost a month via 191 and the forum.  

My understanding of call barring is that it is a network password and is device independent.  Vodafone 2nd or 3rd line will know how to resolve this issue.  Most of the 1st line staff who call me have no idea of call barring or of the concept of reolving issue by a process of elimination and the same applies to most of the staff I speak whenever I dial 191.

My issue is logged here:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S4/Unable-to-set-call-barring-after-switching-to-S4-mi...

Hi @lab1301

As we’ll need to check into your account, please use the Live help team that DaveCD has advised.

If you’re unable to do this, get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Laura