Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone utterly imcompetent

JonathanKent
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

It been 4 weeks since i ordered my Samsung galaxy note 4, still no joy in getting it.

Just rang today, and guess what? my order has been cancelled! but my new contract has started! Excellent!

You are compltely useless, and believe me tommrow I shall be cancelling my contract. 

Is there any company that have staff that know what they are doing? why are they so terrible? 

15 REPLIES 15

Thanks Laura.  I've already emailed and have had a response from vodafone with the following subject line:

Subject: Re: WRT165 [#8814289]

under the separate thread:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S4/Unable-to-set-call-barring-after-switching-to-S4-mi... 

The initial interaction regarding WRT165 was two calls from first line support staff who had not read the details I reported and hence, were not able to help. 

Magicman13
Community Champion (Retired)

Roaming bars can be applied to your acount from Vodafones end to prevent usage whilst abroad, but if you are referring to UK bars, the only way to do this would be a network level bar on all outgoing calls.

Anything else would be handset specific and out of Vodafones control.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento

@Magicman13

I've been using call barring with both orange and vodafone for all most 20 years and having lost 3 phones abroad I have not had even one instance of unauthorised usage.  I want to be able to place and remove a call bar without having to cvall 191.   How would I remove a bar on a phone when abroad?  Call 191 from a payphone?

Call barring is placed at the network end rather than on the phone. If you don't have network access then you will not be able to bar/unbar calls.  This is how it worked with vodafone with my Nokia phones under my SIM only contract.  Under the monthly contract call barring does not work on the Nokia phones. 

Magicman13

Call barring at network level is done by placing a service bar on your account by calling 191, you would not be able to do this fropm your handset directly. If your handset has a function that suggests it can do this, then that is done at handset level. There is no guarantee that the handset level bar is compatible with the network or if it is, it may me changed by the network which may be what has happened in your case.

Are you refering to a sim lock with a PIN being requested before any calls are made? If so, then again, that is a handset security function.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento

@

I've demonstrated call barring working on a PAYG sim on the S4 mini to two managers at Vodafone stores in an attempt to get my issue with my contract sim to be resolved.  Have a look at the post I made on the 18th of January 2015 for the full details in the link below.  

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S4/Unable-to-set-call-barring-after-switching-to-S4-mi...

I've always applied call baring from the handset but the password is stored at the network.  So basically, on the new PAYG SIM I was able to use the code 1919 to set and unset call barring. 

Ben_H,

I've had a call barring issue for a couple of weeks now and calling 191 is a complete waste of time as the standard response seems to be  "You have a faulty phone/you must be putting in the wrong codes/you don't need barring/would you like us to bar all outgoing calls for you".  When I went to carphonewarehouse geek squad the first thing they said was "Let's put your SIM in a different phone and see whether call barring works".    When I went to various Vodafone stores in Oxford St their response was "We don't have any spare phones as they all come in sealed boxes"!  How do you expect to resolve issues if you don't have test phones at your stores? I expect technically competent staff to use a process of elimination when trying to resolve problems as carphonewarehouse did.

I'm now trying my luck here where I can post the full details so that I don't have to repeat myself every time I call 191.  

And additionally, international calls can be blocked on the website but why is there no option to bar outgoing calls on the website?  

I've opted in for Eurotraveller and currently I'm roaming.  I've blocked ineternational calls via the website so would it be possible for someone from the tech team to either respond to my post or call me?     

Thanks

Lakshman

The full issue is logged under thread "Unable to set call barring after switching to S4 mini with “Call barring rejected” message".